Is it just me?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NoIdea!, Dec 9, 2011.

1. NoIdea! macrumors member

Hi,

I am getting so sick of problems with my iPad 2. I got my first one on launch day in the UK and returned it a few days later due to bad backlight bleeding. Thinking that this wasn't a widespread issue, I was disappointed to find my second one had the issue, and my third one too. So, I decided that I would wait for a couple of months with the third iPad 2 I had and replace it after the issues had (hopefully) died down.

So today I went and got my 4th iPad 2. No noticeable light bleed, no dead pixels (which 2 of my other 3 had). Happy. However, when wiping down the screen to put a screen guard on it, I noticed that in a number of places (maybe 3 or 4 areas) the dust was not wiping away. So I now have an iPad which is free of all the issues I was plagued with before but with considerable dust under the screen.

This dust is only noticeable when the iPad is off and with a bright light on it. So not really a major issue. My only concern is, is if this dust is going to get worse?

I have no idea how dust would get in there, so I was wondering if anyone could advise me on whether if I keep this one (which I am more than happy to do so) will the dust gradually get worse as more gets in somewhere, or will the dust that is in there now have been from manufacturing and no more should get in?

All I know is that my iPhone has dust under it too after owning it for 2 years and has gotten progressively worse over the years. Yet it doesn't bother me on the iPhone.

Sorry for the essay! Any advice, much appreciated.

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I have dust under my screen too. Noticed 3 days after i boutght it. It bothered me for a few hours. Then i just thought why care. I am selling it when the next one comes out. Stop being so petty and enjoy your iPad.

3. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Ask yourself, how often are you going to stand with your iPad underneath bright light with the screen turned off just looking at it?

If that answer is almost every single day, than you should return it. If the answer is "rarely", than ignore it because you won't notice it any other way. You are looking for defects, mate.

4. connoisseur macrumors member

I disagree if you spend your hard earned money on something you should expect perfection , only a fool will ignore it

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Perfection doesn't exist.

6. connoisseur macrumors member

Yes it does because I don't have any of these issues with my iPad it works perfect and I am perfectly happy with my purchase. Seriously dust and backlight bleeding I would have issues with I couldn't ignore this

7. NoIdea! thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Firstly, thanks for the replies. ThatsMeRight I know I won't notice it much in everyday use, and I'm just grateful that it doesn't have light leak like the last one did. This isn't my major concern, my concern is whether it is going to get progressively worse. Do you think that the dust has got there during manufacturing or since I've had it and used it? If it is the second, what is stopping more getting in? Won't be able to replace it for dust problems out of apple care.

To Connoisseur, I agree, I saved hard to be able to get this iPad and so that's why I've exchanged it so many times. Just now losing faith in apple that they can actually provide me with an iPad that is perfect. Can't wait for iPad 3 so I can try and flog this...