Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Can i sell my iphone right know under payoff ATT next program ???? plan to sell to get money for buying X ,

understand will loose 100-200$ but i agree

:):):);)

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Can i sell my iphone right know under payoff ATT next program ???? plan to sell to get money for buying X ,

understand will loose 100-200$ but i agree

:):):);)

As long as it’s paid off you can do what you choose with it.

rlentless

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2015
I straight up told ATT that’s what I am doing with my current 6S. I asked them what will happen if I don’t trade it in and they told me I will have to pay $141.50. Gazelle is paying $180, so why the hell wouldn’t I sell it?

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
I still pay them bill all i need is sell it to someone and get $600 bucks , just want to rip off the phone ,

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I straight up told ATT that’s what I am doing with my current 6S. I asked them what will happen if I don’t trade it in and they told me I will have to pay $141.50. Gazelle is paying $180, so why the hell wouldn’t I sell it?

AT&T don’t care if you sell it. It’s not like you are getting thing past them. You own the phone once make all the payments either at once or installments. Just like a car. AT&T just gave you interest free loan to buy the phone.

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
So i can sell it right ??? without complain or anything ???

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
I mean i will sell it and continue pay the bill not pay full now ...

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
No you can’t do that. You have to pay it off first as I said in other post. Just like you can’t sell a car until it’s paid off.

Reactions: blaine07

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
No you can’t do that. You have to pay it off first as I said in other post. Just like you can’t sell a car until it’s paid off.

That is false.

If the user wishes to sell their phone or give it away, they can do so. The only stipulation is that if the original owner who is currently making the payments on the financing program fails to make the payments in full (either in one lump sum or through the maturity of the financing program), AT&T reserves the right to blacklist the device is the purchaser fails to make payments that were agreed upon.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
You can sell it they just can’t unlock it til it’s paid off. I suggest selling it then just paying it off after so you can get your new x. I’ve done that a few times.

Reactions: mantan

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
If you sell it and pay it off, you can get the X on next plan again.

FWIW, I sold a Buy 1 Get 1 Free iPhone 7 to my uncle and continued paying it. Granted, I sold it to family and he knew what I was doing.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Ya, it doesn’t matter what you do with the phone. AT&T doesn’t use the phone itself as collateral for your “Next financing/loan”. Your service will be cut if you don’t make the payments after you inform them of a trade-in and never give the phone back.

I just let a friend buy my phone which I told AT&T I was going to trade in. He bought it for what I owed on it. Like $444. Just going to use that money he gave me to pay the balance due on the phone once I am billed for the non returned phone. My friend really needed a phone badly since his 6s battery was draining about 20%/hour even after a battery replacement. He put his AT&T SIM in my 7Plus after I wiped and reset it, and the phone works flawlessly.
[doublepost=1510718166][/doublepost]
If you sell it and pay it off, you can get the X on next plan again.

FWIW, I sold a Buy 1 Get 1 Free iPhone 7 to my uncle and continued paying it. Granted, I sold it to family and he knew what I was doing.
He can also do a trade-in upgrade and then never return the phone. He just needs to pay off the phone when billed.
[doublepost=1510718242][/doublepost]
Again. False.

The car analogy is bad. There is no state title or papers to transfer with a phone and the car is usually collateral against a loan.

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
Yes you can do what you want with it. I sold my iPhone (2 years ago) that was on the iPhone Upgrade Plan and continued to pay the rest of the payments. No issues.

Of course if you failed to make the payments and pay for it in full....there would be problems!

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
If you're getting another phone through AT&T Next, they will expect you to either trade your phone in within 14 days, pay the balance off or get billed for the whole amount.

Selling it on your own is fine, just get your ducks in a row and pay it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.