Is it likely that Lion might come out tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by joelovesapple, Jul 13, 2011.

1. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

... or are we going to be faced with more rumours based on no credible sources yet again?

Does anyone really think there's a chance? I can accept that this is a rumours site, but what annoys me is when people out of nowhere claim to know the release date, yet the time comes and goes and there's still no Lion.

I don't mean to sound rude, I just want peoples opinions. Thanks.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There is a 77% chance that Lion will be released when Lion is released.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My opinion, just be patient. Steve said it would be out in July. There is still plenty of time left in the month.

4. parrishr13 macrumors newbie

parrishr13

Lion is released 60% of the time, every time.

5. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

Well since tomorrow is the 14th, I say about a 5.5% chance

btw, if it isn't released tomorrow, Friday's chance goes up to a 5.8%!!

6. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

yes it will be released tomorrow because apple stores are having an overnighter tonight for a reason. *cough* lion release with macbook air * cough* :D

7. joelovesapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

Thanks for the responses everyone, as well as the sarcastic ones...

So many rumours seem to point to the 14th as 'the' date, so we shall see.

If it does not materialise however, what other date can we 'expect'?

8. parrishr13 macrumors newbie

parrishr13

^^ You should get some cough medicine. That cough is getting out of control.

9. WildGuess macrumors regular

10. parrishr13 macrumors newbie

parrishr13

If you look at all the other release dates, they are all at the end of the month. So if not tonight/tomorrow, the end of the month (or sometime in July).

11. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

Look , no REAL rumor from a reputable source said it will come out today okay, however, it was being said from the beginning of the month by 9to5mac that lion is coming july 14 with proof, apple is having an overnighter tonight so thats one huge clue right there, thats about the ONLY rumor we should have listened to because 9to5 mac has been right in the past, many times.

9to5mac was right with their 2011 iMac release prediction aswell so i mean im trusting them on this one and i would even bet 50 bucks it will be out tomorrow.

all this app store being down and the overnighter just adds up to a 14th release tomorrow man.

12. parrishr13 macrumors newbie

parrishr13

I hope it comes out tonight. I'm sick of the beta.

13. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hoping you're right. Want my Lion!

14. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

But the fact that theres an overnighter isn't proof for Lions release date. It may not even be related to one another.

15. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

how is it not? they do this kind of event when they release a new product, we know almost surely its the macbook air, now ,the macbook air isnt gonna come with snow leopard preinstalled like it or not. its gonna have lion on it.

so if they release the Macbook air with lion preinstalled then that means lion is ready for primetime, what is the point in letting others wait more once they freakin release the Macbook air with Lion preinstalled.

16. PaulWog Suspended

I'm giving it a 99% chance that it will be released tomorrow. That 1% margin of doubt is left for it being released on or between the Friday and Tuesday that come after this Thursday (tomorrow).

The facts:
    - rumored that "do not open" packages have arrived
    - Apple's earnings release is coming up very soon
    - rumored overnighter (tonight) is commencing
    - Apple announced that Lion will be released in July
    - Macbook Airs are due for a refresh (as one of the most popular products they provide)
    - Some other products are due for a refresh (mini)

This all simply points to them prepping everything tonight for a nice big release tomorrow, showcasing Lion with some refreshed products.

17. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

yes, plus the times of it being released were weird. now the question is if it is released tomorrow what time. because if apple hangs banners and such tonight, when the store opens tomorrow morning and if there is no lion thats a big clue that it will be some time later in the day. but maybe they will release lion at some weird time tonight so when the stores open they will have the hanging banners ready.

if its released tomorrow im going to wish i was at college to get those high speeds :D 1.3 MB/s at home will take about an hour but with internet traffic :eek:

18. Onur macrumors newbie

I love how you said "The facts: - RUMORED that "do not open" packages have arrived."

Just sounded funny lol, but besides that nice list!

19. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Or they will release it as each store opens. So 9:00 AM in each country's MAS.

20. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i was hoping for this. it would def keep traffic slowness down a bit but probably over the course of the day would slow down again.

21. jive turkey macrumors 6502

The 15th has been my guess, being a Friday and on the heels of the product refreshes. However, tomorrow seems more logical to me. I definitely expect it in the next 2 days though.

22. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

23. siddhartha macrumors member

siddhartha

definitely....

...and, it's got chunks of real Lion in it!

24. oHai macrumors member

I know Apple might not need the rumored overnight for just new hardware and Lion, but if Lion IS coming out tomorrow, they'll probably want to install Lion on all the Macs in the store and be sure everything's working for demos tomorrow.

25. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Exactly.