Is it likely that Lion might come out tomorrow?

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
759
51
UK
... or are we going to be faced with more rumours based on no credible sources yet again?

Does anyone really think there's a chance? I can accept that this is a rumours site, but what annoys me is when people out of nowhere claim to know the release date, yet the time comes and goes and there's still no Lion.

I don't mean to sound rude, I just want peoples opinions. Thanks.
 

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
25,838
8,927
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My opinion, just be patient. Steve said it would be out in July. There is still plenty of time left in the month.
 

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
398
0
Syracuse, NY
... or are we going to be faced with more rumours based on no credible sources yet again?

Does anyone really think there's a chance? I can accept that this is a rumours site, but what annoys me is when people out of nowhere claim to know the release date, yet the time comes and goes and there's still no Lion.

I don't mean to sound rude, I just want peoples opinions. Thanks.
Well since tomorrow is the 14th, I say about a 5.5% chance

btw, if it isn't released tomorrow, Friday's chance goes up to a 5.8%!!
 

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2010
2,979
463
yes it will be released tomorrow because apple stores are having an overnighter tonight for a reason. *cough* lion release with macbook air * cough* :D
 

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
759
51
UK
Thanks for the responses everyone, as well as the sarcastic ones...

So many rumours seem to point to the 14th as 'the' date, so we shall see.

If it does not materialise however, what other date can we 'expect'?
 

parrishr13

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
20
0
If you look at all the other release dates, they are all at the end of the month. So if not tonight/tomorrow, the end of the month (or sometime in July).
 

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2010
2,979
463
Look , no REAL rumor from a reputable source said it will come out today okay, however, it was being said from the beginning of the month by 9to5mac that lion is coming july 14 with proof, apple is having an overnighter tonight so thats one huge clue right there, thats about the ONLY rumor we should have listened to because 9to5 mac has been right in the past, many times.


9to5mac was right with their 2011 iMac release prediction aswell so i mean im trusting them on this one and i would even bet 50 bucks it will be out tomorrow.

all this app store being down and the overnighter just adds up to a 14th release tomorrow man.
 

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
5,653
157
Atlanta, GA
Look , no REAL rumor from a reputable source said it will come out today okay, however, it was being said from the beginning of the month by 9to5mac that lion is coming july 14 with proof, apple is having an overnighter tonight so thats one huge clue right there, thats about the ONLY rumor we should have listened to because 9to5 mac has been right in the past, many times.


9to5mac was right with their 2011 iMac release prediction aswell so i mean im trusting them on this one and i would even bet 50 bucks it will be out tomorrow.

all this app store being down and the overnighter just adds up to a 14th release tomorrow man.
Hoping you're right. Want my Lion!
 

DreamscapeRuins

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011
67
0
Inside your mind
Look , no REAL rumor from a reputable source said it will come out today okay, however, it was being said from the beginning of the month by 9to5mac that lion is coming july 14 with proof, apple is having an overnighter tonight so thats one huge clue right there, thats about the ONLY rumor we should have listened to because 9to5 mac has been right in the past, many times.


9to5mac was right with their 2011 iMac release prediction aswell so i mean im trusting them on this one and i would even bet 50 bucks it will be out tomorrow.

all this app store being down and the overnighter just adds up to a 14th release tomorrow man.
But the fact that theres an overnighter isn't proof for Lions release date. It may not even be related to one another.
 

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2010
2,979
463
But the fact that theres an overnighter isn't proof for Lions release date. It may not even be related to one another.
how is it not? they do this kind of event when they release a new product, we know almost surely its the macbook air, now ,the macbook air isnt gonna come with snow leopard preinstalled like it or not. its gonna have lion on it.

so if they release the Macbook air with lion preinstalled then that means lion is ready for primetime, what is the point in letting others wait more once they freakin release the Macbook air with Lion preinstalled.
 

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
700
103
I'm giving it a 99% chance that it will be released tomorrow. That 1% margin of doubt is left for it being released on or between the Friday and Tuesday that come after this Thursday (tomorrow).

The facts:
- rumored that "do not open" packages have arrived
- Apple's earnings release is coming up very soon
- rumored overnighter (tonight) is commencing
- Apple announced that Lion will be released in July
- Macbook Airs are due for a refresh (as one of the most popular products they provide)
- Some other products are due for a refresh (mini)

This all simply points to them prepping everything tonight for a nice big release tomorrow, showcasing Lion with some refreshed products.
 

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
1,282
185
Connecticut
Look , no REAL rumor from a reputable source said it will come out today okay, however, it was being said from the beginning of the month by 9to5mac that lion is coming july 14 with proof, apple is having an overnighter tonight so thats one huge clue right there, thats about the ONLY rumor we should have listened to because 9to5 mac has been right in the past, many times.


9to5mac was right with their 2011 iMac release prediction aswell so i mean im trusting them on this one and i would even bet 50 bucks it will be out tomorrow.

all this app store being down and the overnighter just adds up to a 14th release tomorrow man.
yes, plus the times of it being released were weird. now the question is if it is released tomorrow what time. because if apple hangs banners and such tonight, when the store opens tomorrow morning and if there is no lion thats a big clue that it will be some time later in the day. but maybe they will release lion at some weird time tonight so when the stores open they will have the hanging banners ready.

if its released tomorrow im going to wish i was at college to get those high speeds :D 1.3 MB/s at home will take about an hour but with internet traffic :eek:
 

Onur

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
8
0
I'm giving it a 99% chance that it will be released tomorrow. That 1% margin of doubt is left for it being released on or between the Friday and Tuesday that come after this Thursday (tomorrow).

The facts:
- rumored that "do not open" packages have arrived
- Apple's earnings release is coming up very soon
- rumored overnighter (tonight) is commencing
- Apple announced that Lion will be released in July
- Macbook Airs are due for a refresh (as one of the most popular products they provide)
- Some other products are due for a refresh (mini)

This all simply points to them prepping everything tonight for a nice big release tomorrow, showcasing Lion with some refreshed products.
I love how you said "The facts: - RUMORED that "do not open" packages have arrived."

Just sounded funny lol, but besides that nice list!
 

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
2,488
99
yes, plus the times of it being released were weird. now the question is if it is released tomorrow what time. because if apple hangs banners and such tonight, when the store opens tomorrow morning and if there is no lion thats a big clue that it will be some time later in the day. but maybe they will release lion at some weird time tonight so when the stores open they will have the hanging banners ready.

if its released tomorrow im going to wish i was at college to get those high speeds :D 1.3 MB/s will take about an hour but with internet traffic :eek:
Or they will release it as each store opens. So 9:00 AM in each country's MAS.
 

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
422
9
The 15th has been my guess, being a Friday and on the heels of the product refreshes. However, tomorrow seems more logical to me. I definitely expect it in the next 2 days though.
 

oHai

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2010
86
0
I know Apple might not need the rumored overnight for just new hardware and Lion, but if Lion IS coming out tomorrow, they'll probably want to install Lion on all the Macs in the store and be sure everything's working for demos tomorrow.
 

Similar threads

  • CharCat
1
Replies
1
Views
122
  • wisevot1900
8
Replies
8
Views
1K
  • lokilaufey
0
Replies
0
Views
344
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.