Is it me or does Team Fortress run like crap on the Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by HawtTuna, Oct 30, 2010.

1. HawtTuna macrumors member

It's so unstable, It goes from 60ish frames per second when nobody's around to 10-15 when the action heats up. I had heard good things about Team Fortress 2 running on Mac. It happens despite turning down the resolution and turning all the other settings to low.

Any ideas or suggestions besides building a PC?

My Specs.

Macbook mid 2010
    Snow Leopard 10.6.4
    2.4 Core 2 Duo
    4 gigs of DDR3 ram
    320m

2. Ryy macrumors member

I'm right there with you on this bro. My gaming pc just took a dump a couple days ago. I have been playing on my new mbp lately. Just does not move the same, etc.

Just hope we get to the point that the right vid drivers are developed, so we can game without having to use a pc.

BTW......do you have L4D2? Seems to run great on my mbp, but tf2 runs like $h!t.

3. HawtTuna thread starter macrumors member

Oh yeah, I got the L4D pack awhile back, what a steal. Runs great on my Macbook, I get a good stable 40ish frames per second. Native resolution, settings medium of course but at least it's stable.

4. skatementle macrumors member

5. HawtTuna thread starter macrumors member

What settings do you use? What's your framerate?

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I blame the state of the current OpenGL drivers. Many of my games run like rubbish since the 10.6.4 update. Hopefully 10.6.5 will fix this.

7. bmb012 macrumors 6502

Except that L4D2 and HL2 run wonderfully. And on a 4890, TF isn't exactly the most graphically intensive game out there...