Is it me or is Firefox getting less stable?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Thunderbird8, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Thunderbird8 macrumors regular

Thunderbird8

After the most recent automatic 'update' of Firefox (which has always been my Mac browser of choice) it seems less stable, and needs a regular restart due to simply stopping responding or loading pages properly.

Anyone else noticed this?

2. ajx22 macrumors regular

I think that they have been putting such heavy work into getting FF3 out that 2.x has suffered a little in past weeks.

Either try FF3 (beta3) or just hold on a little longer for it to go into a public stable version. FF3 is great! I'm still using FF2 due to the number of extensions I use - but as soon as they are all ported over to FF3 - I'll be there too!

3. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I've been using Firefox since Photobucket won't upload with Safari anymore.

So far, Firefox is way faster. :)

4. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I tried out the latest FF3 beta, and was really impressed, but I too had to switch back to FF2 for my themes and extensions. Can't wait for 3.0 to go gold though...

-Bryan

5. methodmano macrumors member

Haven't had any issues with Firefox when I use it with the most recent updates.

6. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

I usually get the spinning beachball at least once per session with FF2. I've tried FF3, and I'm looking forward to it, but as many have said - there's a lack of extensions.

7. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Less stable than...Opera?

Why, yes, it's always been worse than Opera :D

8. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I've been using Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 for a few weeks now and funnily enough, it seems to be more stable than the current 2.0 release.

9. Merlish macrumors member

I've been experiencing it too, it's extremely annoying at times.. Can't wait for 3.0

10. ekologik macrumors newbie

i use an early alpha build of FF 2. the buttons have been made to look more mac-like, but as it's older it's a little slower. i wasn't impressed with the look of the buttons on FF 3—this build has a more mac-like look, but i may have to suck it up and get FF 3 when it comes out as a stable release. right now i need my third party add-ons, which, along with the fact that safari isn't widely supported, is the only reason i use FF over safari. for basic surfing on sites without advertisement banners, safari works faster, but i don't like being exposed to ads. the adblock plus add-on for FF is great. i also have the foxdie skin to make it look like leopard's safari. until all my add-ons become compatible with FF 3 i won't be updating to it. i'm still not 100% satisfied with it though, but it remains the better option.