Is it me, or is the Podcasts app awful?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by profmatt, Oct 25, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I've given up on the new Podcasts app. It's unusably awful. Have switched to Overcast, which is so much simpler to use.

(Though one question about Overcast. How do I stop it autoplaying the next track?)

2. sik08amg macrumors regular

sik08amg

I think they really dropped the ball with its most recent update but I only use it for music. Now, instead of scrolling the track artist and song, all i see is the date of the release and the creator. Also the next and previous track buttons get taken away leaving you with selecting and scrolling through a track listing, which doesn't even remember your location in the list. Is there a different app I can use and still get music podcasts (Hardwell, Rehab etc.)

3. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

it's actually quite sad. Podcasts weren't that popular until Apple actually added them to iTunes.
    It needs some more love soon. And a watch app too.

4. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Been using downcast for a long time, I gave up on native podcasting apps ages ago!

5. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

I find it inoffensive. While I preferred the previous iteration of the app a bit more as it was less convoluted than the current one, it does what I need and I can add premium podcasts easily to the native app and I couldn't find a way to do that with Overcast.

6. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

With the removal of the on-the-go playlist, I switched to Overcast. I don't know how anybody who works at Apple and uses the native podcast app couid tolerate how it works in its present form.

7. Allin44 macrumors 6502

Overcast is far superior because of Smart Speed and Voice Boost alone.

8. Paco II macrumors 65816

I regularly switch between Overcast and Pocket Casts. Overcast has a few features that Pocket Casts does not, but Pocket Casts is visually so much more attractive. Both are excellent podcast apps.