Is it me or is WiFi super slow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidhawkins123, Jun 24, 2010.

1. davidhawkins123 macrumors regular

Ok so I got the iPhone 4 everything works great, i do beleave the iPhone 4 has wireless n and so does my router, so no problems there. But it seems to be very slow loading web pages, Facebook, when I download an app nothing appears for about 5 seconds, then it's says waiting for another 5 and then downloads very slow. If anybody could give me any help on this issue it would be great, also I have a silicone case on the phone, but I have also tried it without it aswell.

2. PunisherUltra macrumors member

Didn't you see Steve Jobs Demo?

He had 3GS next to iPhone 4 and the 4 wifi reception and connection totally sucked.

The 3GS on the other hand worked fine.

Hmmm...

3. cperchard macrumors 6502a

mine is instant!!! never been so good.....its nearly faster than my laptop and i aint kidding, strange!!!

4. AdamA9 macrumors 65816

Mine is slow too - I have 20mb connection running through my Time Capsule. Very disappointed. I think I'm going to have to open a dedicated 802.11n line just for the phone.

5. boatski macrumors regular

Had a 10,000Mbps speed from SpeedTest on my 4.

6. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

7. davidhawkins123 thread starter macrumors regular

When I do a speed test I get 10 mb but the ping is 100

8. kangaralph macrumors member

9. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

my wifi is normal at home.

had issue at first, but my dumbass forgot i had an access list on the router.:p

10. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

11. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

I'm having odd problems, too. If I run my MBP and iPad side by side, they get roughly the same wifi speed on CNET speedtest. But the iPhone in the same place just stalls out and is so slow, I can't even get a result. If I disable wifi, then I get a decent 3G speed. The iPhone appears to see the wifi network, and does get some signal (I can see and load the CNET speed test web page, for example). It is just the wifi speed that seems to fail.

There are a number of other internet pages where wifi seems to fail on the iPhone (if it were just CNET speedtest, I wouldn't care).

Any ideas?

12. salanddaz macrumors member

May be your router as I am more than impressed with the speed increase, Safari is like lightning over Wi-Fi in my i4

13. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

Problem may be with CNET Speedtest and other web sites that use Flash or other tools. When I run iphonespeedtest.com I get a result that is slower than my MBP, but still a decent speed. So, the problem may be an artifact of the speed test I was using previously.

The other web sites that were quite slow may also use Flash or similar disfavored plug-ins. I'll mess with it some more.

Thanks!

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Same here. My old 3G used to take 5 - 6 seconds to locate wifi but the i4 is INSTANT the moment I turn it on.

15. Carrotsy macrumors newbie

Carrotsy

All Ok Here

Just got my iPhone 4 yesterday and I have to say that the speed is fine now. I was suffering from the antenna issue but I just popped a case on and it is much faster than the 3GS. Very impressed!:D