Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidhawkins123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
England
Ok so I got the iPhone 4 everything works great, i do beleave the iPhone 4 has wireless n and so does my router, so no problems there. But it seems to be very slow loading web pages, Facebook, when I download an app nothing appears for about 5 seconds, then it's says waiting for another 5 and then downloads very slow. If anybody could give me any help on this issue it would be great, also I have a silicone case on the phone, but I have also tried it without it aswell.

PunisherUltra

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Ok so I got the iPhone 4 everything works great, i do beleave the iPhone 4 has wireless n and so does my router, so no problems there. But it seems to be very slow loading web pages, Facebook, when I download an app nothing appears for about 5 seconds, then it's says waiting for another 5 and then downloads very slow. If anybody could give me any help on this issue it would be great, also I have a silicone case on the phone, but I have also tried it without it aswell.

Didn't you see Steve Jobs Demo?

He had 3GS next to iPhone 4 and the 4 wifi reception and connection totally sucked.

The 3GS on the other hand worked fine.

Hmmm...

cperchard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
mine is instant!!! never been so good.....its nearly faster than my laptop and i aint kidding, strange!!!

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
Mine is slow too - I have 20mb connection running through my Time Capsule. Very disappointed. I think I'm going to have to open a dedicated 802.11n line just for the phone.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
my wifi is normal at home.

had issue at first, but my dumbass forgot i had an access list on the router.:p

Kahalu'u Bob

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2007
Honolulu
I'm having odd problems, too. If I run my MBP and iPad side by side, they get roughly the same wifi speed on CNET speedtest. But the iPhone in the same place just stalls out and is so slow, I can't even get a result. If I disable wifi, then I get a decent 3G speed. The iPhone appears to see the wifi network, and does get some signal (I can see and load the CNET speed test web page, for example). It is just the wifi speed that seems to fail.

There are a number of other internet pages where wifi seems to fail on the iPhone (if it were just CNET speedtest, I wouldn't care).

Any ideas?

Kahalu'u Bob

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2007
Honolulu
Problem may be with CNET Speedtest and other web sites that use Flash or other tools. When I run iphonespeedtest.com I get a result that is slower than my MBP, but still a decent speed. So, the problem may be an artifact of the speed test I was using previously.

The other web sites that were quite slow may also use Flash or similar disfavored plug-ins. I'll mess with it some more.

Thanks!

Carrotsy

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Canberra, Australia
All Ok Here

Just got my iPhone 4 yesterday and I have to say that the speed is fine now. I was suffering from the antenna issue but I just popped a case on and it is much faster than the 3GS. Very impressed!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.