Is it me or should 113 iPhones...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Jan 31, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

add some webapps/icons to their homescreen? As I was riding BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit, also known as a train), a gentleman asked the woman next to me if that was one of those new Apple iPhone "things"? She replied, "well yes, but I'm texting someone, so let me finish that then I'll show you a few things." She finished texting and shared about the email, maps, internet, stocks and the iPod, but each time she went to her homescreen, it was blah, blah, blah and a little more blah. She had done nothing to her homescreen, even though she had the AT&T/EDGE service at the top of her screen. I asked her about adding icons or rearranging the icons, and she responded with "I've grown accustom to the way they are, and I wouldn't use all those other buttons anyway!" I was shocked, but thought to myself oh, well! The other guy asked "hey, show me that other stuff, I want to get myself an iPhone!" :cool:

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Well, it's her iPhone. Does it really matter how she uses it?

Someone I work with has 1.1.3 and has only one extra icon on his. It's no big deal.

3. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

yah the whole webpage bookmark on the screen isnt that big of a deal. I want the sdk already : )

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Webclips are just glorified bookmarks after all and rearranging your home screen gets old after you do it once or twice. The only useful thing is the multi-recipient txting

5. aanndrew macrumors member

the book marks stuff is so last year ..... hmm

i thinks its funny when people say
    WHATS THAAAAA!!! n i go a i phone n they say WHATS THAAA!!! n i go A PHONNNEEE!!! some people dont even know what it is :eek: i duno were theyve been living.

this 1.1.3 is just preparing the iphone for the sdk n for the people who didnt know that then i say one word DUH!
    u know what funy i never used to like apple stuff but now im saving up for a macbook n i have a iphone apple news is like crack :eek:
    :apple::D

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You know, before the iPhone came along, the only Apple product I had was an old 30GB iPod Photo that I barely used. It mostly sat there collecting dust since day one when I bought it.

Then the iPhone came out and I bought it. Loved it and used it everyday. A week later after the iPhone purchase, I bought a MacBook Pro. Yes the iPhone impressed me so much that I bought the MBP to use with my iPhone. Yes, it gets used to sync my iPhone, store all my music and also to sync with my 160GB Classic. Oh and I loved the iPhone so much that I even bought two and they are both activated.
    :apple:=crack

7. jeffmc macrumors 6502

i find webclips annoying honestly, and i've gotten so used to where the icons are i can change my music and stuff while it's in my pocket, why change?

8. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Yeah, I haven't discovered the benefits of using webclips over bookmarks. I have all the pages I want already bookmarked, why do I need an icon on my homescreen? So that I back out of Safari and click and icon instead of clicking the bookmark icon and clicking a link there? :confused:

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

Uhhhhhh......what!?!?

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Let me guess. You're the guy who runs the script that puts the Dock on the TOP of your Macbook's screen for no reaons other than it's different.

Most of us are happy with things just working for us they way they are.

11. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I admit icons aren't that big of a deal, but c'mon -- they're still better than just bookmarks. Yeah, if you're already in Safari, it makes no sense to back out of it to push an icon. But when you're NOT in Safari, it's a lot nicer to just push an icon and go straight to a specific page, without opening Safari first, then pushing the bookmarks button, then scrolling through the bookmarks to find where you want to go. Sure it only saves seconds, but it's those seconds that will often determine whether I bother going to a page at all or just not bother.

12. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

what kind of simpleton are you...

or what is your point? Your sentence doesn't make sense Homes! Stay in SCHOOL, get to the Bus Stop early and quit chasing "the Little Yellow Bus!" :cool: