Is it me or the FaceBook app?

EvilQueen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2013
In my own world
At one point I think I remember the keyboard orientation changing when you turned the phone. It hasn't done it on my phone in a long time. Maybe a real long time. But on the 5S it's annoying the crap out of me. Am I using it wrong? :)

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
At one point I think I remember the keyboard orientation changing when you turned the phone. It hasn't done it on my phone in a long time. Maybe a real long time. But on the 5S it's annoying the crap out of me. Am I using it wrong? :)
There is no landscape mode for Facebook for iPhone. I don't think there ever has been.

Comment

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
The Facebook app is terrible, it's amazing a company of the size of Facebook has such a bad app and slow servers. As per @Tyler23 I don't believe there has ever been a landscape mode, clearly fb doesn't have the technical or financial resources to support one :cool:

Comment

DaveW4U

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2014
There IS a way to view Facebook on landscape mode!

Go to the Safari browser and access Facebook from there. Bookmark it and use it for your browsing instead of through the Facebook application. Quite the hassle, I know. That's Facebook's decision, not Apple's. Certainly, they have heard us scream about this for years now but, for some reason, they have decided to turn a deaf ear to us. WHY??? Does anyone know?

If anyone knows of a better solution to this while using the Facebook app, please, TELL US! If you have to jailbreak the phone to do it, let us know how that can be done also. THANKS!

Comment

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
You can even place it as an "app" on the home screen. I do not use the classic Facebook app but rather the web app added to my home screen. It works wonderfully.

Comment

rocketman122

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
such a garbage app in every way. it will hang and hang and hiccup. such idiots cant invest time in making it better? its beneficial to them that people use it more.

like googles youtube app. just garbage.

Comment

MrHcT

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
Almere
Jailbreak your phone and install sbrotator. In the setting it has an option to rotate the facebook app aswell as a few other non rotating apps.

Comment