Is it me or the FaceBook app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by EvilQueen, Jan 14, 2014.

1. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

At one point I think I remember the keyboard orientation changing when you turned the phone. It hasn't done it on my phone in a long time. Maybe a real long time. But on the 5S it's annoying the crap out of me. Am I using it wrong? :)

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There is no landscape mode for Facebook for iPhone. I don't think there ever has been.

3. EvilQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL....well then dang it I don't like it. My thumbs are too big.

4. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

The Facebook app is terrible, it's amazing a company of the size of Facebook has such a bad app and slow servers. As per @Tyler23 I don't believe there has ever been a landscape mode, clearly fb doesn't have the technical or financial resources to support one :cool:

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's much better on an iPad. And the iPad version does use landscape mode. :cool:

6. DaveW4U macrumors newbie

There IS a way to view Facebook on landscape mode!

Go to the Safari browser and access Facebook from there. Bookmark it and use it for your browsing instead of through the Facebook application. Quite the hassle, I know. That's Facebook's decision, not Apple's. Certainly, they have heard us scream about this for years now but, for some reason, they have decided to turn a deaf ear to us. WHY??? Does anyone know?

If anyone knows of a better solution to this while using the Facebook app, please, TELL US! If you have to jailbreak the phone to do it, let us know how that can be done also. THANKS!

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You can even place it as an "app" on the home screen. I do not use the classic Facebook app but rather the web app added to my home screen. It works wonderfully.

8. trewyn15 macrumors 6502

9. rocketman122 macrumors newbie

such a garbage app in every way. it will hang and hang and hiccup. such idiots cant invest time in making it better? its beneficial to them that people use it more.

like googles youtube app. just garbage.

10. MrHcT macrumors newbie

Jailbreak your phone and install sbrotator. In the setting it has an option to rotate the facebook app aswell as a few other non rotating apps.