Is it my computer or just Lion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dezza.1985, Jul 29, 2011.

1. dezza.1985 macrumors member

Hi

I have a Macbook Pro which I purchased in May 2010 2.4 Core Duo 13". I only ever use basic tasks, web browsing, iTunes etc.

I never used to have a problem with any lag when running on Snow Leopard, however since I upgraded to Lion it has been very laggy, Safari, connecting to wifi, opening pages etc.

Is this just Lion as the bugs haven't been fixed yet or am I going to have to look at upgrading ram (currently 4gb), clean install etc?

2. cinek macrumors 6502

a lot of people are complaining about lion slowing down their macs, check out the endless topics here and in the Lion forum

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

This sort of thing happened to me also, when I did the upgrade from SL to Lion.. I did a clean install and all my problems were resolved and Lion now feels faster than SL.

4. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

I did a clean install on a 15" 2010 MBP i5 4GB and have not seen any sluggishnes in Lion just pesky bugs.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I think Lion. Many people has been having a lot of difficulties. =)

6. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I highly recommend a clean install. Put it on a Flash drive and do a total wipe and install. My late 2007 mini, 2008 MBP and 2010 MBP are all running great and were all clean installs.

7. colour macrumors regular

how do you do a clean install?

8. colour macrumors regular

thanks!!!

from what i just read i have to now download Lion a 3rd time in 10 days cause it would have deleted the installation after i downloaded it the second time i wanted to install it on a new upgraded hard drive..... **** MY LIFE APPLE biggest fail i should have just download it from the bay instead.

9. dezza.1985 thread starter macrumors member

When doing a clean install, can you then restore your documents/itunes etc from time machine? Or does this just restore to the exact set up and therefore making the clean install a waste?

Also if doing a clean install, will this erase all my play counts etc?

10. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

You know I am not sure.

I always make sure to have two copies of my data, including when I do a clean install. Time Machine is always my backup copy, I also copy files (itunes, documents, etc) to a usb drive and usually just drag them back from that.

Maybe someone else can give you a little more info.

11. Tydog07 macrumors 6502

Hard drive swap out or Lion?

Now it could be the fact that I just swapped out my hard drive or it could be Lion, you tell me:

Ever since I swapped out my hard-drve, when I press the power button, it takes a few extra seconds for the apple logo to pop up onto the white screen, before it used to be instantaneous, what is that from, is there anyway I can shorten the amount of how long the interval between the power button press and the display of the apple logo?