Is it necessary to get a screen protector for the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ev0d3vil, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

as per title. Got a second hand one but came without a protector.

2. Allin44 macrumors 6502

No. The screens hold up very well. Make an effort to go easy on your phone and don't throw it in pockets or bags with keys etc and you will be just fine. I refuse to use a screen protector.

3. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

It's not necessary m,but it will keep peace in your mind that there won't be any scratches on your new toy. I personally can't stand scratches , so I use a glass one.

4. CaCHooKa Man macrumors member

CaCHooKa Man

It won't protect you from cracks but it'll save you from hairline scratches that are visible if you hold the phone at an angle in bright light

5. MacBreezy macrumors regular

MacBreezy

I've never had a screen protector on any of my phones. Never had scratches on my screen either, just be careful with it.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Same question is asked for ever iteration and the same answers always apply. Whether or not to use one is a call that each needs to make based on what measures they are willing to take to mitigate scratches. If you want the added safety then use one. If you're not concerned about it and don't want to mess with one then don't.

Why do people keep mentioning keys? Keys are not harder than glass and will not scratch glass.

7. Maziar macrumors 6502

Same here.
    Before iPhones,I used to put a screen protector but not after getting my first iPhone(4). And I was clumsy with it and it got some minor scratches but that was totally my fault.
    Then I got a 4S and now a 6 PLUS and neither have a single scratch on them.If you just take care of it,it won't scratch under normal usage.

8. Mr D macrumors 6502

I read somewhere the oleophobic coating degrades over time?

9. Allin44 macrumors 6502

Something puts micro scratches on my phone over time, and the screen certainly isn't exposed to anything harsher than keys or coins. I'm extremely careful with it, but a few micro scratches still accumulate over time.

10. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I heard something about that too.

11. baller1308 macrumors 65816

I didn't use a screen protector on my 6 and there are some light surface scratches that have appeared in one corner. Not entirely sure how they got there but they don't really have much of an effect and can't be felt without using my nail. Not using a screen protector on my 6s either.

12. Zombiecrowd macrumors regular

There is no key on planet earth that will scratch iPhone 6s glass. Unless your key is made of diamond?

If you understand science: putting a case on your phone to protect scratches and dents on the back makes sense or overall drop and shatter protection. But putting a screen protector on to protect against glass scratches is well... Take a science class

13. Zombiecrowd macrumors regular

The human brain is amazing. It's also stupid. People will actually see or sense things that are not there like scratches. Or bad battery life. Or some yellow tint on their screen.

If a doctor lies and tells a human he has been exposed to a serious toxin that is deadly and explains a symptom is goosebumps many people will all of a sudden get goosebumps. This is proven. Humans always lie even if they don't know that they are.