Is it nessassary to have a screen protector on an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gamecube117, Mar 11, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

1. Is there a point if you're going to have a Smart Cover protecting the screen anyway?
    2. Won't the screen protector effect the quality of the screen?

2. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

No...if you are using it reasonably in a normal fashion, no reason to have it.

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I would get a case. But no not a screen protector. Your not shoving it in pockets or whatever. Do you need one on a laptop? A screen cover would effect the quality of the screen and feel.

4. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I tried using a ZAGG invisible shield on my iPhone 3G a couple years ago. I used it for a week and then removed it. It completely changed the friction of the screen. I absolutely hated it. I have had 4 iPhones and two iPads; never had a scratch of the front of any of them.

5. Karr271 macrumors regular

The smart cover actually leaves 3 long marks on the iPad screen. Im going to get a screen protector to avoid those marks from the smart cover.

6. DS3 macrumors 6502a

In a year of very heavy use my iPad got one tiny scratch on the screen, but that was from trying to play one of those flick games with a metal based stylus, slipped and the metal edge made a very small scratch in the screen.

Just keep it in a case that protects the screen when you arn't using it.