Is it nessassary to have a screen protector on an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gamecube117, Mar 11, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

Mar 7, 2012
    1. Is there a point if you're going to have a Smart Cover protecting the screen anyway?
    2. Won't the screen protector effect the quality of the screen?
  2. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2007
    No...if you are using it reasonably in a normal fashion, no reason to have it.
  3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Jul 8, 2008
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I would get a case. But no not a screen protector. Your not shoving it in pockets or whatever. Do you need one on a laptop? A screen cover would effect the quality of the screen and feel.
  4. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2010
    I tried using a ZAGG invisible shield on my iPhone 3G a couple years ago. I used it for a week and then removed it. It completely changed the friction of the screen. I absolutely hated it. I have had 4 iPhones and two iPads; never had a scratch of the front of any of them.
  5. Karr271 macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2011
    The smart cover actually leaves 3 long marks on the iPad screen. Im going to get a screen protector to avoid those marks from the smart cover.
  6. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Mar 7, 2011
    In a year of very heavy use my iPad got one tiny scratch on the screen, but that was from trying to play one of those flick games with a metal based stylus, slipped and the metal edge made a very small scratch in the screen.

Just keep it in a case that protects the screen when you arn't using it.