Is it normal for the MB to have a small delay to wake up??

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
when im not using the computer or in other words leave it unattended with the screen open and it jus goes to sleep mode by itself...is it normal for the macbook to take a little long to wake back up after moving the trackpad or hittig a button???

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Alag28 said:
when im not using the computer or in other words leave it unattended with the screen open and it jus goes to sleep mode by itself...is it normal for the macbook to take a little long to wake back up after moving the trackpad or hittig a button???
how long is a "little long".. mine's pretty quick, but there's a small lag.. nothing unusual though.

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
i say 5-8 seconds (dont wanna say 10 seconds..i might scare myself)

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
hmm it does seem unusual but not too unusual to be a call for concern. try calling Apple, maybe its supposed to happen or maybe it is something you did. I dont have a MBP so i cant really tell from experience but ive had laptops and they havent taken that long.

sulhaq

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2006
Both my macbooks, for the short period of time that they worked correctly anyway, immediately woke up from sleep with maybe 1-2 sec delay. I advise you to thoroughly check your machine several times and if it always takes 5-8 secs then I'd presume something might be up.

kristiano

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2005
I don't know about the MacBooks but my old iBook took about that time (5-10 secs) to wake up.

What I did was to reformat it.

I assume you have enabled the option to type in password when your laptop wakes up?