Is it normal for the screen to not move with the blue cursor when typing in a text field?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Dekema2, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Dekema2, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017

Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

There was a time when I could type in a text field that exceeded the width of my screen, and the screen would "follow" the cursor so I could see what I was typing. It's been that way since I got an iPod Touch 6-7 years ago.

When iOS 10 came out, that seemed to have disappeared. Every day now, I have to manually drag or resize the screen just to get everything in my field of view, and if I'm typing something lengthy, it's a pain in the ass.

Does anybody else have this issue, or am I alone? Is there a fix for it, and is Apple aware?

Edit: this isn't an isolated issue, but I don't know why my phone is unique either. It's not like I do anything crazy with it. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7678932?start=0&tstart=0

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is this on some web site in Safari, or is this within some app, or somewhere else?

3. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

It's in any Safari website where the text box exceeds screen width. Typically this happens on desktop websites, many of which I prefer over mobile ones, but I have to believe it doesn't happen on other iOS devices.

It doesn't happen in Pages, I know that for sure.

I must be one-in-a-million with this issue, because upon searching the MR forums for similar ones, my older thread came up. I think the Genius Bar would tell me it's time to upgrade (I'm on a 5s) so that's not a formidable route.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I think I recall this being brought up as something that people have come across wondering if others have seen it or if a new update might fix it, but all in the earlier days of iOS 10 it would seem given that I don't really recall it coming up much since iOS 10.2 days or so. What particular iOS 10 version are you running?

5. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Currently running 10.2.1. It's such an annoying issue, maybe a clean install is in order.

6. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

It's been present since the release of iOS 10.

7. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

you have the same issue?

8. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

Yeah, since iOS 10.

9. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

Is there a specific page the issue is happening on? It would be good if you shared that so everyone here can test it on their devices.

10. cola79 macrumors regular

The issue is on every site. Just try on this forum.

11. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

Verified, zoomed in a lot and the screen doesn't move when the cursor goes off screen.

12. Chazzle macrumors 65816

Chazzle

13. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

They're not going to fix it. Just another thing to move the masses to iPhone 8.

14. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2