Is it normal for usage time to increase even when phone is on standby/not in use?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by SweetMystery, May 2, 2015.

1. SweetMystery macrumors newbie

SweetMystery

There was a guy who posted regarding problems with batteries on iphones that after fully charging your phone to 100% you should wait 10 minutes and see if the usage on battery information is more than 1 minute, if so there might be a problem with the battery. What do you guys think? Oh and btw this came from a "Expert" who used to work at the genius bar.

2. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Apple says:

"View Usage to see the amount of time your iOS device has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The device is awake if you’re on a call, using apps, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving email, or if an app refreshes in the background."

This means that if your phone does something in the background (while you're not using it), the usage time will increase.

3. SweetMystery thread starter macrumors newbie

SweetMystery

Thanks for the information, I hope you dont mind if I ask the web address? :)

4. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201264

5. SweetMystery thread starter macrumors newbie

SweetMystery

Have any of you by the way have noticed this?

6. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Yes this is normal, it's just the way Apple does it. Have you come from android?

Also for what it's worth I have found that a lot of the "Apple genius" people are anything but genius at their work.