Is it normal to get "No SIM Card Installed" AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewa74, Oct 14, 2011.

1. andrewa74 macrumors newbie

When I try to activate I get the message "No SIM Card Installed Insert a valid SIM with PIN lock to activate iPhone."

Is this normal? I have tried to activate many times with no success, and I realize that a lot of people are having that problem, but this message makes me think there may be something wrong with the phone itself.

Thanks.

2. google macrumors regular

You might be on ipad baseband and upgraded to 5.0. I have the same issue and i downgraded and am able to use it again.

When you are on the activation screen hit the i and see if you are missing ICCID which indicates bad baseband.

3. andrewa74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, it says my ICCID is "unknown" but I didn't understand the rest of your post.

How did you downgrade? I never upgraded, I just opened the box and turned it on.

BTW, my former phone is and iPhone 4. Thanks.

4. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Have you checked to make sure they actually put a sim card in your phone?

5. andrewa74 thread starter macrumors newbie

For anyone who has had this problem.

I had been trying for several hours to activate but to no avail.

So I took out the old Sim card from my iPhone 4 and put it in the new iPhone 4s (easy to do with a paper-clip). Anyway, this did NOT work. So I put back the SIMs in their original phone.

But then I tried once more to sync and it worked. See I don't know if that did it or if it was just coincidence, but just wanted those of you who are having this problem know that I got it to work.

Best of luck!