Is it normal to have slightly uneven MBP hinges? PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mtthwcmn1, Feb 5, 2012.

1. mtthwcmn1 macrumors member

mtthwcmn1

The two openings in the back not the black middle part the two sides that go to the side of the MBP is a little bit uneven. I took a flashlight to my MBP when I unboxed it and could slightly see it is uneven. It took me a while to notice it, it is ever so slight. Should I get my MBP replaced?

2. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

lol people are just looking for ways to be picky now this is seriously not a computer for you if you look for cases like this.

3. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Bit harsh, the OP has just spent a lot of $ of course they want perfection, it's what Steve promised.
    Mine were slightly misaligned and eventually it caused problems when closing the lid. Apple Store fixed it no problem. If you aren't happy go and see them.

4. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

it might be harsh but why do people troll and post these obnoxious threads asking if they should get it replaced obviously if they are not happy with it then yes problem solved no need to post.

5. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

6. Macintosh-HD macrumors member

More than likely, if it doesn't effect the operation of your MBP, the Genius bar will tell you it's just a cosmetic issue and to be on your way...

My Macbook, still under warranty, has a slightly crooked lid, so I took it to the Genius bar and they told me it is just a cosmetic issue and not to worry about it.

7. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

When did Steve promise perfection?

8. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

Never lol which is why I'm baffled you can make something close to perfection but you never say thats what you will give. It would be false advertisement.