Is it not possible to add a new line on Premier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndgraz, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ndgraz macrumors newbie

Hi - appreciate any help here.

I currently have a ATT account with one phone. I'm trying to bring my wife over from Verizon and add a line to my account (new 4S). Since I get free activation through premier, I'm trying to do it online.

I'm able to log on, choose add a line, and it directs me to the Premier website. I choose the 4S, skip the accessories, and choose a voice plan (US). Then when the data plan page comes up, it says "no data plans available for this phone". I've tried about 10 times and can't get the data plans. Obviously it won't let me buy the phone without selecting a data plan.

So I called the Premier phone number and was quickly connected. I told her what I was trying to do, and she informed me that for the iPhone 4S, you can't add a line, you can only upgrade a current phone. She told me that is the current policy for the 4S. Is this true??? ATT does not want new customers?

Thanks in advance.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

She has no clue. Try ordering a new phone on a new line to see if it will let you add a data plan. It wouldn't let me.

3. NeverhadaPC macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

Completely NOT TRUE.

My dad is on Premier at ATT and he added a line for and got me an iPhone 4S. I may lose my old phone number when I leave Verizon this month, but I will be on AT&T from October 14th via the new line.

Call again or go to the store.:confused:

4. Big Apple macrumors member

It let me add a line and order a 4S yesterday online when I tried it. Their order status page is still down for maintenance so can't check and see where it's at in the process but I did get an email after it was ordered confirming the order and my credit card was hit with the $1 testing thing they do. I'll let you know here if I hear one way or another in the next few days.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

Why will you lose your phone number? Just port it to AT&T before you end your Verizon account.

Note: Don't cancel your current Verizon phone service! AT&T will take care of that for you when you activate your new device.

Is it a case where the number is not eligible to be ported? You can check here to see if it is eligible and to see the FAQ on porting.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/transfer-your-number/index.jsp

You can use your new temp AT&T number to start and then port by web, calling the Porting Center or swinging by a store. There is no additional porting fee for a new line.

Dave

6. ndgraz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I just chatted with someone from Premier and she assured me that I could add a new 4S. Not sure why I was told otherwise.

She tried doing it on my account and found the same problem. Couldn't add a data plan. She said it was known problem they are trying to fix. Maybe it is only for some accounts? Strange.

I'd go preorder in the store, but I get the activation fee waived on the premier site.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I decided to order on the consumer site and try getting the fee waived by calling premier support after I get the phones. The price I pay for being impatient... :rolleyes:

8. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

When I tried to add a line on my premier account on AT&Ts website, it kept showing me the no data plans available but when I went to Apples website and added a line through them, it worked perfectly and allowed me to add a line.