Is it odd to want an 'old' MBP rather than a new model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HunterGather, Oct 27, 2008.

1. HunterGather macrumors member

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or the DIGITAL VIDEO section, as it pertains to both...

Just seeing if there are others on here who would rather get the older model.

Im thinking of getting a refurbished 15incher as opposed to the new one.

For one, i actually like the all silver color. The keys on the new model are black and it doesn't really appeal to me. But thats just me.
    Plus the price would make a big difference on my part.

Anyway, the main reason I started this thread is because I'm curious.
    I read around some of the threads here about the video card on the old pro could pretty much stop working within 2 or 3 years.
    Is this something to worry about? And I'm talking the most recent models.

Also, are the MBP's that are listed on the refurbished page the ones with LED screens? (both matte and glossy).
    The specs don't list that, so I don't know if it is standard or not with those models.
    And I assume these models are the latest updated MBP models (?)

Eventually, I'm gonna get Final Cut Studio 2. But should I be worried that Final Cut Studio 3 (whenever it's released) would be too much to handle on the older MBP's? Mostly because of the graphics card(s).

Im aiming for a maxed out refurb model (2.6ghz, will max it out to 4gb ram myself).

Any input would great!

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Good deals to be had on the recently displaced Macbook Pros.

3. surfermsd macrumors newbie

I returned my first two MacBook Pro (Late 2008) and bought a refurbed 2.4 from the apple site. I was having too many problems with the Late 08; loose battery covers, failure to boot into os x, and problems with trackpad. Love the last gen MacBook Pro and that extra $700.00 I have in my pocket.