Is it ok to do a full reset? (Erase contents and settings)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Feb 22, 2014.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Over the last year or so I have downloaded so many apps and it's starting to do my head in now with all the updates/notifications and sounds my phone keeps making. I know what I like and don't like now so plan on being a bit cleaner with it in future, but is it ok to do this, could any problems occur? I am using an iPhone 5C 32GB

Thanks guys

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Erase all content and settings will basically take your phone back to the original factory settings.

If you're just trying to do some cleanup, why not just delete the apps that are causing problems? Or you could go into Settings > Notification Center and disable alerts for the Apps that you don't care to see or hear alerts from.

3. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

This will cause no issues whatsoever and in fact for some operating systems can be good for them! Just make sure you are happy with relevant backups of pictures and/or contacts and you will be fine!

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

You can clear the dinner table by burning the house down, but that's unnecessary. Why not just stop the notifications and/or uninstall a bunch of apps? Unless those are not your only problems.

5. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

There are way too many, I have pages full of them and folders full of them it would take me so long to do that and I don't have enough time in the day to accomplish such things :( I was hoping a restore up would be the fastest possible.

This is good to know, thank you :)

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you simply want to start from scratch, Erase all content and settings will do the trick.

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Sometimes you just need to start from scratch. Seems like that's what the OP wants to accomplish. Erase All Content & Settings would be the route they should take.