Is it ok to leave MBP charging?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by view2darrel, Mar 5, 2013.

1. view2darrel macrumors member

i have mid 2012 MBP 13" non retina. is it ok to leave my MBP plugin all the time? or do i need to unplug it everytime it reach full charge... (im doing this, unplug when 100%)

i calibrate my mac once a month. i charge when im at home but sometimes when i need to go out with my mac my battery sometimes at 30% so i need more battery. so im thinking charging it when im at home.

thanks in advance.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You do not need to either calibrate your battery nor unplug it once it's fully charge. Do you that with your cell phone?

Just like your cell phone, the battery has a built in controller that takes care of everything for you, use your machine, stop thinking about it.

3. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

My laptop is at the desk frequently, so I remove the charger and drain it to 50% about once a week. It should have a built in controller to throttle the battery. Ever notice it's sometimes down at like 94%, but it's been on the charger?

4. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

These batteries aren't like the old ones, by constantly draining it when it's at 100% you're doing a diservice to the battery.