Is it okay that my order status is still "processing items"?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by britneyfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

When I ordered it Wednesday?

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah don't worry about it. Unless we start hearing our orders are delayed there is no reason to worry. Apple has pulled through multiple times now on this. Anything could happen if carrier screws up, but in general we will get it on release day.

3. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Good! Thanks! I'm beyond excited for this.

4. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

So what is beyond excited exactly... I've never gotten a really solid definition.

Elated?
    Enthusiastically Anticipating?

5. GUCCIMAN macrumors regular

its indescribable. must be felt. Kinda like seeing a child birthed in front of your eyes or being in a rickety boat while a pack of North Atlantic right whale (est. only 300 left) breach right beside you. Its beyond exciting. If words can describe it, it ain't that exciting.:cool:

6. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Will the status change over the weekend?

7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

If you live near a FedEx distro point, then your order will not ship until later in the week. If you live out in the sticks, then your order will be processed earlier. It has everything to do with timing the deliveries for a March 19 delivery. I'm sure Apple was given a schedule from FedEx they should go by. The last time I ordered something from them, it shipped from China on Wednesday and I still got it Friday morning.

I know this is just a repost of another of my posts. But I didn't feel like typing it all over again.

8. jalpert macrumors 6502

It's possible that your order might not ship until Thursday, possibly even late Thursday. If you wake up Friday morning and your order isn't shipped, get in line and return the one you get in the mail. Other than that, your fine.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You'll know when it's not OK b/c Apple will send you an "oops!" note.

10. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

+1

11. brandon8419 macrumors member

I wouldn't worry..the same thing happened when I ordered the iphone 4s. Everyone started getting shipping notifications and I felt like I was the last one to get the shipping email..but lo and behold I still had mine delivered by 11 am the day they debuted :)

fyi - I still haven't gotten my shipment notification for the iPad either, so you're not alone

12. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay thank you! As long as I have it in my hands before midnight on Friday, I'm fine.

13. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you are residential, you should have it no later than 8pm on Friday. It will be a long day for the FedEx and UPS drivers.

14. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I'm at the same point. I haven't even gotten the confirmation email yet. It's been only about 22 hours since I ordered so I am fine for now. But I know I'll be checking the status a little too often and worry if the status doesn't change by tomorrow afternoon.

I had been told mine is coming from California, but also was told that it could be from China to California to me.

15. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

All lot of these are coming straight from China.

I order mine about an hour after pre-ordering started and it just changed to preparing for shipment late last night.

16. Swampthing macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

You're not the only one. Mine is still stuck under "Processing Items" as well, and it was ordered Wednesday. I'm not that worried though. This happened with another Apple product I ordered, and within the last couple days it suddenly went from shipping to out for delivery and I got it on release day.

On the other hand, my Apple TV - ordered 7 March in a separate order - has been pushed back to 27 March. W T F.

17. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

I am beyond pissed at how my order is still PROCESSING even though I ordered on March 7th. really apple? wtf is going on?:mad:

18. ebika macrumors 6502

Why? There's still nearly a week until their promised delivery date.

19. karsal macrumors member

I ordered yesterday and mine is preparing for shipment already!

20. zpilot macrumors member

Mine says shipped but it's a dead tracking number.

21. deeddawg macrumors 604

Why are you upset? Is there anything that suggests it won't be there on the 16th?

My iphone 4S preorder didn't ship until Tuesday Oct 11th and was still delivered well before noon on Friday the 14th... and that was to a residential address.

Chill out.

22. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

Why do you care what its status is? It will be at your home on the 16th and that's all that matters. It won't get to your house any sooner except in a VERY rare case that Fedex screws up...

I ordered on the 7th and it just moved to shipped this morning...

23. Gorion macrumors member

I ordered the new Apple TV with my iPad.
    My Apple TV is still in the Processing state. It does however say the 16th as the delivery estimate. What time on the 7th did you order yours?

24. Swampthing macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

It was close to midnight. The order still says it was purchased on 7 March, but my delivery date is listed between 20-27 March. Probably just being pessimistic about it lasting till the 27th, but I wouldn't be surprised. I didn't think there would be this much demand for the Apple TV.

25. Gorion macrumors member

Hopefully it won't take that long.. Is this your first Apple TV?
    It surprised me how fast the Apple TVs went. I think it surprised Apple as well -- or they would have produced more.. When I went back to check the availability on Thursday (or maybe it was Friday.. lol), I did notice trat it said 1-2 weeks for shipping.

I'm still waiting for my iPad to ship. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it gets here on the 16th...