Is it okay to leave your iMac at full brightness when you're using it?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Amnesiac7, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Amnesiac7 macrumors member

I've had it since late August and I've always kept the brightness all the way up.

Can the screen handle this or will I see its brightness diminish much quicker? Or is the type of screen Apple the kind that can withstand that kind of constant brightness?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's perfectly safe to leave the screen on any Apple computer on full brightness. It will not harm the display.

3. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think you should be more concerned about your eyes than the display. The display will be fine.

4. tears2040 macrumors 6502

You need to have your eyes checked....

Even when your brightness is set to half it is more than bright... Full brightness is damn near blinding!

5. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Yup, you guys took the words right out of my mouth.

I have a 27" 2011 iMac and I have the brightness set to four blocks (from the left, I think 25% of total brightness) and it is very bright to me. With a primarily white webpage in full screen, it easily lights up my room at night. It reminds me of having a television on in a dark room and falling asleep to it.

6. JonasDK macrumors member

The screen is designed to explode at full brightness.

Seriously though, of course you can have it at full brightness. Personally I keep it under 50 % brightness, because I find it more comfortable for my eyes