Is it possible? 2 duo core 2 proc.?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bubble27, Jan 21, 2008.

1. bubble27 macrumors regular

Instead of going quad....since the reason they dont is heat. How about splitting up a distance on the Mother board to reduce heat and run a 2 duo core 2 process?

They minimising them anyway which will give battery life....and montevina or whatever gona have ddr3 again to minimise voltage.

Adding another process will balance it :rolleyes:

SO I DREAM!

Just a thought....

Comments?

2. Animalk macrumors 6502

That would require a particularly high speed bus between them both. And the shorter the bus distance, the better the performance. So designers usually design dual processor boards with that in mind. Also the longer the bus, or the faster it must run, the more energy it requires. This also produces heat.
    It is better, in my opinion, to have multi-core cpu and then a multi-processor setup. Though the heat generated at full throttle can be quite strong, it is simply a matter of designing a better cooling system in my opinion. Also it is much easier to throttle the cores in a multi-core processor then it is to throttle multiple processors with an external controller on the logic board.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Merom chips cannot be paired for Dual dual core setups the way the original Mac Pros could be.

4. bubble27 thread starter macrumors regular

How about the one processor just runs when it is plugged in?

So when it runs off battery it won't drain the life.

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

they do its called power management

it drops the cpu speed / power requirements when its running off battery