Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rodetrip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
I ordered my rose gold iphone 6s+ 128 gb on the day it became available for pre order(12th) .. the arrival date is on the 25th, I was wondering if its possible for the device to come earlier than that? This is my first time pre ordering a phone, so im new to this. Im asking because I am going out of town on that day and I don't want to leave without my new toy..

THANKS! :)

aesc80

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2015
LOL, I understand the impatience. I'm pretty much the same way every time, even when it's my wife's phone and not mine. :p In any case, we might get some news of people getting their orders ahead of time, but for the most part, they don't get shipped to your door step early. I believe there are a few instances where it made it to American shores early, and quite literally sat in some UPS hub for a few days before they were distributed to their rightful owners - you guessed it - to make it on time on their scheduled date. Keep hoping it'll come early, though Santa is usually punctual. :D

Reactions: rodetrip

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
Going out of town the 24th, so my new toy will sit the entire weekend until I get back the 27th :(

Oh well lol

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I ordered my rose gold iphone 6s+ 128 gb on the day it became available for pre order(12th) .. the arrival date is on the 25th, I was wondering if its possible for the device to come earlier than that? This is my first time pre ordering a phone, so im new to this. Im asking because I am going out of town on that day and I don't want to leave without my new toy..

Sure, as mentioned…it's been known to happen. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky 0.001% that this happens to every year. Maybe not.

Don't get your hopes up. Both UPS and FedEx do their damndest to avoid this. You see, they get fined by Apple for allowing that and it's not chump change either.

Last edited:

nycxaxez

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010

Like it was mentioned above, there are always a few orders that slip out and deliver the day before because UPS/FedEx screw up. I only remember one launch (it was either for the iPhone 4 or iPhone 5), where Apple actually got many launch day phones delivered one day earlier than was promised - it was a nice surprise. I always hope they do that again, but it may have just been a fluke never to be repeated on a wide scale.

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
I remember getting my iPhone 4 delivered the day before they released in stores. Those were the days. Apple has this process on lock down now.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Sure, as mentioned…it's been known to happen. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky 0.001% that this happens to every year. Maybe not.

Don't get your hopes up. Both UPS and FedEx do their damndest to avoid this. You see, they get fined by Apple for allowing that and it's not chump change either.

Apple can't and won't fine them. What they may well do is give them a slap on the wrist.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Im asking because I am going out of town on that day and I don't want to leave without my new toy..

The odds of it being delivered early are slim to none. As a 1 in 10,000 chance. I know how you feel though. My Apple Watch was delivered when I was gone on a trip and I had to wait an entire week to get back home and perform the unboxing!

Reactions: ziggo

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
The couriers typically have strict instructions not to deliver before launch day. Of course that doesn't mean the odd few may not slip through the net but it's highly unlikely you will get it before the 25th.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Sheeeeeeiiiiitttttt.

I consider the UPS or Fedex guy arriving before 7pm early.

Right? We must be last on the delivery routes, because our orders from UPS or FedEx are always after 5pm, mostly after 6pm (during the winter they basically arrive at night).

That's why I love when Amazon uses USPS for shipping, generally means I have it by noon.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I remember getting my iPhone 4 delivered the day before they released in stores. Those were the days. Apple has this process on lock down now.

I think this was the year that it happened to a lot of the preorders. I remember getting mine a day early as well. I had to go into the AT&T store to swap the phone with a different line. They are all pretty excited to see their first one in person.

Jessem1133

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014

Yeah, just pay for the early Apple delivery.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I would say your chance of getting it early is about the same as you have of being struck by lightning, or winning the powerball. As dirty Harry would say, "You feel lucky, punk?"

I'm also going to be out of town over the weekend, but I'm planning on getting at the UPS or FEDEX office (whichever Apple is using this time) before I go. I'm going 18th century camping so its going to be a real struggle to not get it out and play with it. That will be the really hard thing, it might be better to leave it at the UPS/Fedex office. :p

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Going out of town the 24th, so my new toy will sit the entire weekend until I get back the 27th :(

Oh well lol
Lol, I'm taking a late night flight home on the 24th instead of flying home the 25th just so I don't miss it. At least I don't have to try a dozen stores all over the country to find an unlocked phone like I did last year. Couldn't pre-order one last year. (Didn't want to risk the T-Mobile version.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.