Is it possible for the preorder to arrive earlier than the arrival date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rodetrip, Sep 15, 2015.

1. rodetrip macrumors member

rodetrip

I ordered my rose gold iphone 6s+ 128 gb on the day it became available for pre order(12th) .. the arrival date is on the 25th, I was wondering if its possible for the device to come earlier than that? This is my first time pre ordering a phone, so im new to this. Im asking because I am going out of town on that day and I don't want to leave without my new toy..

THANKS! :)

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Every year we always get reports of some orders slipping through the crack to arrive a day or two earlier than the official launch day, but it's not the norm.

3. infam0uz macrumors regular

infam0uz

Usually it ships overnight for the launch day *25th*, some may get lucky to get it early.

4. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

LOL, I understand the impatience. I'm pretty much the same way every time, even when it's my wife's phone and not mine. :p In any case, we might get some news of people getting their orders ahead of time, but for the most part, they don't get shipped to your door step early. I believe there are a few instances where it made it to American shores early, and quite literally sat in some UPS hub for a few days before they were distributed to their rightful owners - you guessed it - to make it on time on their scheduled date. Keep hoping it'll come early, though Santa is usually punctual. :D

5. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Going out of town the 24th, so my new toy will sit the entire weekend until I get back the 27th :(

Oh well lol

6. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

Same here! I will be heading out of town on the 24th and wont be back till the 27th. But it will be waiting for me in my leasing office.

7. eyoungren, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sure, as mentioned…it's been known to happen. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky 0.001% that this happens to every year. Maybe not.

Don't get your hopes up. Both UPS and FedEx do their damndest to avoid this. You see, they get fined by Apple for allowing that and it's not chump change either.

8. nycxaxez macrumors member

Like it was mentioned above, there are always a few orders that slip out and deliver the day before because UPS/FedEx screw up. I only remember one launch (it was either for the iPhone 4 or iPhone 5), where Apple actually got many launch day phones delivered one day earlier than was promised - it was a nice surprise. I always hope they do that again, but it may have just been a fluke never to be repeated on a wide scale.

9. whyamihere macrumors regular

whyamihere

I remember getting my iPhone 4 delivered the day before they released in stores. Those were the days. Apple has this process on lock down now.

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Sheeeeeeiiiiitttttt.

I consider the UPS or Fedex guy arriving before 7pm early.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Despite the lockdown and fines from Apple, some packages can slip through the carriers' crack. Human errors and computer glitches are too great for this not to happen.

12. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I don't recall hearing of any slip through early arrivals last year....

13. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

I remember getting my iPhone delivered at 9 pm once. The UPS dude was far from happy. "It's an iPhone right? I'm been delivering these sh*ts all day!" I laughed, though he didn't take it funny. :p

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

A couple of members did get their 6/6+ a day early in the "I just bought/ordered/shipped/received my new iPhone 6/6 Plus" thread.

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apple can't and won't fine them. What they may well do is give them a slap on the wrist.

16. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

The odds of it being delivered early are slim to none. As a 1 in 10,000 chance. I know how you feel though. My Apple Watch was delivered when I was gone on a trip and I had to wait an entire week to get back home and perform the unboxing!

17. Mr.C macrumors 601

The couriers typically have strict instructions not to deliver before launch day. Of course that doesn't mean the odd few may not slip through the net but it's highly unlikely you will get it before the 25th.

18. rockitdog Suspended

19. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Right? We must be last on the delivery routes, because our orders from UPS or FedEx are always after 5pm, mostly after 6pm (during the winter they basically arrive at night).

That's why I love when Amazon uses USPS for shipping, generally means I have it by noon.

20. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I think this was the year that it happened to a lot of the preorders. I remember getting mine a day early as well. I had to go into the AT&T store to swap the phone with a different line. They are all pretty excited to see their first one in person.

21. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Yeah, just pay for the early Apple delivery.

22. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

Geez, I'd just be happy to get it on launch...

23. Pedicone1211 macrumors 6502

My buddy would always get his a day or two early, meanwhile mine would show up a day late!

24. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I would say your chance of getting it early is about the same as you have of being struck by lightning, or winning the powerball. As dirty Harry would say, "You feel lucky, punk?"

I'm also going to be out of town over the weekend, but I'm planning on getting at the UPS or FEDEX office (whichever Apple is using this time) before I go. I'm going 18th century camping so its going to be a real struggle to not get it out and play with it. That will be the really hard thing, it might be better to leave it at the UPS/Fedex office. :p

25. adam1080 macrumors member

adam1080

Lol, I'm taking a late night flight home on the 24th instead of flying home the 25th just so I don't miss it. At least I don't have to try a dozen stores all over the country to find an unlocked phone like I did last year. Couldn't pre-order one last year. (Didn't want to risk the T-Mobile version.)