Is it possible for water to leak in

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lucbert, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

Is it possible for water to leak in thru the small gap between the chrome bezel and the screen?
    Because today I used my iPhone after it had rained outside and suddenly a big drop of water fell down from a tree and hit my iPhone at the right edge of the screen.
    There was some water in the gap that is in between the chrome bezel and the screen. I sucked removed the water immediately but I fear that some water might have leaked into the device.
    Is that possible? I have seen some pictures of iPhone that had a light leak at that exact spot so it seems like it is not perfectly sealed.
    How long would it take for water-damage to show?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

In theory, if there is a light leak, I suppose its possible for water to get into the phone through that opening, however it is unlikely because there isnt much pressure behind a raindrop. I wouldnt worry too much. There was a decent amount of rain on my phone this morning walking into the office, and im not worried.

What the f*** does that mean exactly?

3. Lucbert thread starter macrumors regular

Lucbert

Sorry, I ment to say I tried sucking on it to remove the water (suck the water out) and than used a paper towel to remove the rest.

Seems like I accidentally deleted some words

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Its not snake venom, man. I bet you looked kinda funny sucking on your iPhone.

Teething baby? There's an app for that.

5. Lucbert thread starter macrumors regular

Lucbert

Thanks for the reply!
    Do you know how long it would take for my iPhone to start showing signs of a water damage if there was one?

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Hmm, well its the corrosion that would affect the components. I'd say you'd see it within the 1st day if there is a problem created by the water. Thats what I hear from many that experience water damage, but their stories are of submersion in water, not water droplets.

maybe you should call Apple and ask? Its not a voided warranty until the sensors are pink.

7. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

hahahahhaha omg you seriously tried to suck on the iphone to get the water out? hahahhahahahahahha

8. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

There is a rubberized gasket between the screen and the bezel. Don't lose any sleep man :cool: