Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
do you thing is it possible
that the new iMac will be release same time as mac pro

is it possible .. may be we will see a new mac pro at 7 August 555

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
The iMac will likely upgrade to the Santa Rosa architecture, it is out -- so any time on the iMac.

Hopefully soon for both the iMac and MacBook, though Apple may skip the back-to-school rush to make sure they ship in time.

The Mac Pro depends on Intel to release new CPUs and chipsets, so look at the schedules for Apple's price points on CPUs and the "expected date" for chipsets.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
it's possible. I'd say it's likely.

A lot of things point to a Mac Pro upgrade within a few weeks

Amethyst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
A lot of things point to a Mac Pro upgrade within a few weeks
WOW.. what thing that make you think a Mac Pro will upgrade within a few weeks

for me it about
1 Intel Price-Cuts
2 8-Core in refurbish store

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
For Instance???
Huge Intel price cuts, discounts on refurbished items, discounts from retailers, the fact that their computer has been pretty much sans revision in almost a year, which leads me to the last point: the 1 year birthday of the mac pro is august 7th.

With Clovertown (4 core) prices now almost identical to the woodcrest (dual core) prices of last year, keeping the same computer on the shelves without a price break is a joke.

Since Apple never cuts prices (they just speed-bump), an upgrade is imminent.

Kosh66

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Where did you see 5xxx series dual and quad core chip price cuts? Intel only cut prices on the 6xxx series dual and quad core chips which Apple doesn't use.

All these rumors about Intel price cuts and I still haven't seen any on the Intel Xeon 5xxx series!

Denali9

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
Hi,
Have not followed the evolution of the Xeon processor much but indeed the price vs power offered is starting to make the old saying that mac are way overpriced for the hardware a true statement in the case of the pro. They need to at least offer a more recent graphic card.

empezar

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2006
Where did you see 5xxx series dual and quad core chip price cuts? Intel only cut prices on the 6xxx series dual and quad core chips which Apple doesn't use.

All these rumors about Intel price cuts and I still haven't seen any on the Intel Xeon 5xxx series!
I'm seeing ~40% price cuts on 5xxx series xeons in swedish retail stores...