Is It Possible? (shared memory)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by wigglesworth, Dec 18, 2010.

1. wigglesworth macrumors newbie

wigglesworth

I have a 17" MB PRO bought august 2010 8gb ram 7200rpm HD

The game I want to run actually runs better on 4gb ram (acording to the geeks who know everything about it) but as we all know the graphics card is not really up to par for gaming. (I KNOW THAT MAC BOOKS ARE NOT MEANT FOR GAMING, but I don't listen well :p) i also know that the graphics card is built in and uses shared memory. I know on a PC Lap Top (with built in chips) in bios settings you can allocate more or less normal ram, as a overflow for when your graphics card is over loaded. I am wondering if there is such a feature for bootcamp windows on a mac book? I would like to bring it up to 4Gb shared. If its not possible please dont flame me, i am not really knowledgeable with all the technical stuff and you only learn from asking.

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

The 17 inch macbook laptop comes with a dedicated graphics processor. That being said, don't expect to play any games newer than 2006 with good performance.

3. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Plenty of games newer then 2006 will run absolutely fine on your machine, AFAIK Windows 7 and Vista will automatically use standard RAM as VRAM so you don't need to do anything.