Is it possible that by the time you submit the preorder the est. shipping is delayed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 10, 2014.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

This is my greatest concern with preordering for the first time ever for an iPhone. I've always just lined up at my apple store and been ~50th in place (not a huge area) but this time I'd rather go the preorder route if I get it on the 19th.

My concern is that I'll see Est. Shipping on the 19th but by the time the order is placed it was pushed back? How possible does this seem?

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

If you're able to get through hammered servers at 12:00am, I doubt the shipping times would have been pushed back.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

For the iPhone 5 I wasn't able to get through until about 4 hours after online orders started and I got the phone on, I think, the Tuesday after the went on sale.

So yeah, it can happen.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

This

It most definitely can and does happen
    My order for the 5 went the same way

6. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

This is also my worry. I've booked the 19th off work to take delivery. I think it's a case of first come first served. Get you order in ASAP.

7. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, but for you guys by the time you were able to process the order, was the est. shipping already claiming that it would be 1-2 weeks or whatever they say after the initial launch day batch is gone? If so, then that's fine as I just won't preorder it. I wouldn't expect to get it launch day if I didn't place my order until 4-5 hours after preorders opened up anyways.

8. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

same happened to me.

----------

yes, that morning when I woke up. shipping times were already pushed back to 1-2 weeks. it was actually only 2 business days for me rather than weeks.

9. kaielement macrumors 65816

If only I could have taken the 19th off. I work for a company that sells the iPhone and I am working that day.

10. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Shipping delays are common with iPhone launches. You get those dreaded emails saying, "Your shipment has been delayed. Estimated delivery is now xx/xx."

11. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Pre-order and if it's delayed you can cancel and line up at the store.