Is it possible the next air uses the same panel as the iPad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by akm3, Aug 18, 2010.

1. akm3 macrumors 68020

Apple likes to reuse components across the lines. It would be WEIRD because it would be lower resolution (1024x768) and more weird because it would be going back to 4:3 ratio...But...The 4:3 ratio is actually more useful for computing.

What do you think? I would have said no, but with these rumors of a much smaller screened air, is it possible we get the IPS 9.7" 1024x768 screen of the iPad?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

They can't even make enough make enough for iPad

Making larger versions of something they can't make enough? What do you think?

3. macbook123 macrumors 68000

The pixel density of the iPad is horrible. Why would anybody want to haul around a laptop with the same effective screen real estate as an iPhone 4? Anything less than 1440x900 pixels would be an embarrassment for Apple.

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

No way in hell. Not in terms of a 9.6" variety. Now if you mean the same quality of IPS from LG, possibly. I have been predicting IPS or some other sort of new display tech in the next MBA. I think it will be a 13" display though... so maybe same type if by same type you mean IPS. Definitely not a 4:3 ratio, and definitely not smaller than 11.6" if there's a low-end MBA.