Is it possible to Access iPod classic library via Home sharing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Colors6, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Colors6 macrumors member

Can I access my iPod classic library on my iPad via home sharing?

Air Video app can access the iPod classic as a hard disk but it is pretty much useless to me as iPod classic stores media In random folders/files with random weird names!!

Any suggestion where I can access/play my iPod classic library on my iOS devices??

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

u mean while it's connected to a computer? Cuz that would be kind of senseless since your computer should have all the tunes that are on the Classic.

3. Colors6 thread starter macrumors member

Yes.

The computer does not have all the media. I deleted a lot of video files to conserve space on my desktop. The iTunes library "thinks" it has the media while in reality it does not.

4. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

Then you should buy some storage for your computer which has less storage than your .... iPod? :eek:

5. 7thMac macrumors 6502

You would be better off purchasing an inexpensive external drive. Yesterday Amazon was selling the 320GB Toshiba for $35.

6. Colors6 thread starter macrumors member

So, you are suggesting I move my iTunes library to NAS?

7. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

he means just buy an external hard drive, you don't have to go down the NAS route but you could if you wanted to if your router has a FW/USB connection on it.

Something like this would suffice.

8. theigs macrumors newbie

@color this has to be my favorite part about forums. Any question anyone has is met with criticism of whatever it is the question implies you are doing:)

I'm looking for an answer to this as well. A yes or no would be simple and I'll be happy to answer directly without the usual bs if I find an answer.