Is it possible to buy a brand new first generation iPhone now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by backfromtejas, Jun 12, 2008.

1. backfromtejas macrumors newbie

Does anyone know f it is possible to currently purchase a brand new first generation iPhone from an AT&T or Apple store?

I am not talking about Ebay or craigslist. I know there are a ton of them on there.

I need to get one for work and need to buy a brand new one from AT&T or from the Apple Store.

2. aandf1978 macrumors member

buy what I understood from apple, they said that online is sold out, but they are still available to buy at their brick and mortar stores as well as AT&T Corporate Stores. It is all based on availability. Just call around.

3. finfloyd macrumors newbie

If there is a way to get one from Apple or AT&T, I sure haven't found it. I've called all my AT&T stores and they're all out of iPhones. I check the Apple refurb site everyday hoping they pop up again. I think the only way to get it now is to pay the Ebay tax. People that bought the refurbs for $249 and $349 unlock and jailbrake them for free and then unload them on Ebay for an extra $150-$250. It's crazy.

4. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Look on Craigslist. The sealed ones go fast but you should be able to find a good used one in your area no problem.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

The old iPhones were essentially all bought up by unlockers...

6. Chef-Jer macrumors member

Call at&t stores in your area. When they announced the 3g on monday i went to a store to see if they had any info on the new phone, they had no info but did have the original iphone in stock.