Is It possible to buy a macbook pro body?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BenjaminH, May 1, 2009.

1. BenjaminH macrumors newbie

I own a white macbook 2.2 ghz with 4 gig of RAM but i hate the body and it gets way too dirty!:( Is there like a place where i could just get a macbook pro body and put my parts in that? Or is there a place where I can get a cheap broken macbook pro? THANKS!:D

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Your logic board won't fit, at least not without a lot of alteration. Also you'll either need a new screen or buy a case with a screen. Even then the screen connector may not be the same, especially for the power inverter for the backlight. Your battery won't fit and the connections to a MBP battery are in different places to a MB so again this will require alteration at best.

Basically once your done you'll wish you'd just sold the MB and bought a genuine MBP.

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Nope

yeah, not without some serious mods. where would the FW port go?

5. BenjaminH thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, mine is still in great condition so im prob gonna listen and just sell mine and buy a used one thats in great shape!:D

I do alot of video editing so i wanna pro to work with and plus their so much better in my eyes PERIOD.

Thanks guys!

6. macryder macrumors newbie

Maybe if you will buy that, it only can contribute lower memory and space, and has limitations whatsoever. I suggest you buy what's the best so that it will be much suitable for your needs.:)