Is it possible to bypass the headphone jack? (please read)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SuperSnake2012, Feb 17, 2008.

1. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=420193

This issue still hasn't been resolved so I am still without sound. When I boot up my Macbook I still get sound out of the speakers so I know they can still function. Is it possible to just bypass the headphone jack so I can at least get sound out of the internal speakers?

2. nickXedge macrumors 6502

nickXedge

I only breezed over you previous thread comments however I didn't notice if anyone said to bring it to your closest Apple store. Do you have an AppleCare Protection Plan? If so, definitely bring it to the store and I'm sure they will take care of it within minutes. If you don't have the plan, I would bring it there anyway, they probably have a simple procedure for getting the piece out. Even if they charge you, it shouldn't be too much and I'm sure it'll be worth it.

This could be a good time for you to go to the Apple Suggestion page and suggest a MagSafe headphone adapater. :rolleyes:

Let us know how it goes.

3. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

It wouldn't get sound out of your internal speakers, but you could always just buy a pair of USB headphones to use until you get the broken headphone jack out of your Macbook.

4. xkRoWx macrumors regular

xkRoWx

System Preference > Sound > Input

Select Internal Speakers/Built-in Output

But you'll still need to remove the plug from the jack. Try some super glue and toothpick, if that doesn't help, bring it to Apple Store. Apparently nobody here knows about the System Preference. :p