Is it possible to change iPhone 3g logic board to..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by parker455, Aug 17, 2010.

1. parker455 macrumors newbie

parker455

Hi there,

Im new to the forum, so Hey! I'm Tom and joined because of this question that i have been pondering on.

Here's the story; I have an 8gb iphone 3g that since the IOS4 update came out, it's useless. 14 seconds load time for settings etc.
    I've tried numerous aids such as turning spotlight off and all that stuff other people came out with on Gizmodo/Redmondpie. And frankly, none of its worked.

So my question is, IF i pick up a rundown 3GS with a smashed up screen and looks battered for cheap. Could i replace my iphone 3g's logic board with a bigger, more speedy version of the 3gs?
    Thanks!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Check out parts / repair guides on places such as ifixit.

I am speculating that it won't work though.

3. mom4791 macrumors newbie

Why don't you buy a working 3GS and then sell your 3G, surely this wouldn't cost much more than buying a broken 3GS. And you won't have to do any work on the internals (assuming it is even possible).

Having just looked at ebay it looks like you could sell your 3G for about 200-250, and then pick up a 3GS for about 300-ish.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It wont work.
    Mind as well fix the smashed up 3GS.

6. parker455 thread starter macrumors newbie

parker455

Yeah man.

Basically, my 3G is AS NEW, theres not a single scratch on it, so i reckon i'd get alot for it.

And ive downgraded to 3.1.2, which is so much faster. Then with jailbreak it runs even better than the IOS4 did, im just wondering if this is possible for future reference.

7. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Nope, the parts are just all different, including the sizes of things, there are small differences on the inside of the 3G as opposed to the 3GS making it impossible to fit.