Is it possible to change the AppleID which iWork apps are associated with?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by icebergx, Oct 25, 2013.

1. icebergx macrumors regular

Hi all,
    For some reason, my old iWork apps were associated with an old AppleID of mine.
    Now, when I've upgraded, the iWork apps are still associated with the old AppleID, whilst my Mavericks is associated with my new one. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There is no way. The reason the iWork apps were associated with your old AppleID is because that is the Apple ID with which you bought the apps.

There is no way to transfer purchased apps to a different Apple ID. As long as you remember the old Apple ID and password for that account, you shouldn't run into any issues.

3. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Well install your old iWork apps on the machine with only your new Apple ID (by manually transferring them) and it should offer you the update and add the software on the MAS for your new ID.

4. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah... That might be an option. Otherwise, I guess I could just uninstall the new iWorks, then reinstall it?

5. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/24...-and-ilife-not-worried-about-unethical-users/

If you have an older version of iLife, iWork or Aperture installed, they are added to your MAS as a "purchase" regardless of the source of the software.

Not a transfer as such but the end result is the same.