Is it possible to change the time for Dock Expose?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by msmth928, Aug 29, 2009.

1. msmth928 macrumors regular

Can I make it shorter so I don't have to hold click in for so long? (Dock expose - shows your open windows for that app)

Anyone know how?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I am so confused. Really. Are you asking how long you have to click and hold on an app to launch? It's like a nanosecond.

3. msmth928 thread starter macrumors regular

No not for launching an app.

But for when an app is open with multiple windows - and you can click and hold on an app in the dock to get expose for its open windows. (Ideally it would be half the current time, for me personally.)

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok this may be that I have yet to install SL. But perhaps you can use the Quicktime screen capture tool to record what you're saying. I'm sorry but I'm real curious.

5. msmth928 thread starter macrumors regular

Found this on tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93v-xwUlL5s

6. SeenJeen macrumors regular

BUMP.

Any solutions to this? It's not a "nanosecond" like the first reply states; you have to hold it down for 2 seconds. Kind of a pain.

I'd like it to go into expose as soon as I click on the application, so it shows all of the app's windows. To get an idea, activate the Dock Expose feature, and click on each application that is running... it immediately shows all the application's active windows. This would be pretty handy!

As of right now, previewing of the app's active windows is much better executed in Windows 7 :( (that is, if the program has support for it)

Having said that, I did assign a mouse button to activate expose and then I select an app from the dock.

Just being nit picky ;)

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Why is it that everytime someone creates a thread looking for solution to their issue with Mac OS X, someone has to post what Windows can do better? This has nothing to do with Windows 7, the OP is looking for a solution to an issue he has with Snow Leopard.

To the OP:, if you're on a Macbook with multi-touch gestures you can just do 4 finger down swipe and it instantly works. If you're on an iMac or Mac Pro, just set a hot corner in Expose for "All Windows".

8. SeenJeen macrumors regular

Aw, don't cry muffin. I'm making a comparison - if a feature was lacking in Windows that was in OS X, I'd do the same thing. Why do fanboys always get so offended?

Also, you DIDN'T read the OP's post... maybe your eyes were too teary from my post to read it properly? :p