Is it possible to clean install Mac OS X 10.8.3 without damaging Boot Camp partition?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Garrod, May 11, 2013.

1. Garrod macrumors regular

Garrod

I've searched around but can't seem to find a definitive answer to this.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.8.3 and Windows 7 Ultimate on another partition via Boot Camp. My Mac OS X partition is regularly backed up via Time Machine.

Is it possible to wipe the Mac OS X partition, make a clean install of Mac OS X 10.8.3 on that partition then restore my files etc. via Time Machine without harming my Windows 7 partition or will I have to find some backup solution for my Windows partition too?

Don't ask me why I want to do this; it's too complicated! However, I really don't want to have to (learn how to or be bothered to) backup my Windows 7 partition - I only really use that for games and it runs fine as it is, I just don't want the extra hassle.

My system specs are in my signature if you require further clarification.

Thanks in advance!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Garrod thread starter macrumors regular

Garrod

Thanks for that but I have already read that thread. I'm after a definitive answer though, preferably one from someone with first-hand experience.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The post by RedRaven571 in that thread is from first-hand experience and is a definitive answer.

5. Garrod thread starter macrumors regular

Garrod

My mind must've been dead when I read that the first time round...and the second!

Thanks for the help and the link!