Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prhymeate

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Hi,

I have all my music on my desktop which runs Windows 7 Home Basic, so doesn't have remote desktop feature. What I would like to do is be able to play music from my windows pc but using my laptop to control everything.

What is the best free way to do this, if it is at all possible?

Thanks.

UpQuark

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2002
Zushi, Japan
Hi,

I have all my music on my desktop which runs Windows 7 Home Basic, so doesn't have remote desktop feature. What I would like to do is be able to play music from my windows pc but using my laptop to control everything.

Thanks.

RDC as well from MS - its free and is a native windows control application.

RDC - Remote Desktop Control.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
RDC as well from MS - its free and is a native windows control application.
RDC - Remote Desktop Control.
Did you read the OP's post?
Hi,
Thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Apparently not.

But he could use RealVNC on the windows machine and Chicken of the VNC on the mac side. Both are free.

TeamViewer is free and does it all with one simple, easy to use tool. It installs and runs in about 1 minute, and works on Windows PCs or Macs. As the OP indicated, it appears to be the solution they were looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.