Is it possible to copy wifi itunes to 1.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aerospace, Sep 29, 2007.

1. aerospace macrumors 6502a

I mean apple already did the coding for it so I would assume its possible, or is there something in 1.1.1 that makes it work?

2. Not-a-cliche macrumors regular

3. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

ATM I dont think anyone knows.

I would assume it is just an application, I dont think there is any specific integration that would prevent this, other than it may check to see what version you are running (1.1.1) if that is the case it may be a simple .plist edit, or much more.

1.1.1 must be cracked first in order to know for sure though!

4. aerospace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I figured it would be a bit more complicated than copy/paste but might be easier to get wifi itunes on 1.0.2(and other new apps as they come out) than to crack 1.1.1(and all subsequent updates) for adding all new apps.

...just a thought

5. sJv macrumors regular

But where would one obtain the Wifi iTunes app? Apple surely won't hand it over. The iPhone won't let you email applications to another computer. One has to crack 1.1.1 in order to access the iPhone filesystem so that one can copy the app...

-steve

6. The General macrumors 601

Well, they just need to decrypt the firmware files that are accessible through iTunes. Once they do that, they can get the program and copy it to 1.0.2 and see if it works, but I bet they made it so it only works in 1.1.1. :rolleyes: