Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I've created a spreadsheet for budgeting purposes and to keep track of my money (student). I know that on certain days (like Payday) the amount I will be paid and obviously the date. I want to be able to put this in my table but not to be added to the formula until that date is passed or met.

For Instance,

If I get paid on 01/09/10 and put this in my table, the formula will add this amount to the total income for the month of September. The funds have not actually been paid to me however, so they need to be excluded until they are paid i.e on the 01/09/10.

Does this make sense?

Thank You :)

HvyMtlPlyr

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Just taking a stab at it here since I know nothing about Numbers (I use Excel). Why not use an IF statement and compare the dates. Here's how I would do it in Excel. Put your pay dates in Column A and the following formula in column B (change the 500 to whatever you get paid):

=IF(A1<=TODAY(),500,0)

____A_____B__
1 8/15/10 $500
2 8/31/10 $500
3 9/15/10 $0

This way if the date is today or has passed it will enter 500, otherwise the value will be 0.

Hope this helps.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I've found that numbers has it's own option to input 'Conditional Format rules'.

The specific one with dates doesn't seem to make any difference though...

Here's a screenshot... Maybe someone who uses this function can help.

Thank you anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.