Is it possible to expand the Ipad 2 HD?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RICARDOVASCO, Apr 20, 2011.

1. RICARDOVASCO macrumors regular

Hi there. I've found an AT&T 16GB, Ipad. Im looking at the 64GB but its almost impossible to be found. I mean, this 16gb would be ok because is 3G and can do everything that all 3G does. I'd like to know if I can plug any external HD or pendrive to expand the 16GB memory easily? If yes, I'd buy this one.

Thank you guys soo much!

Ricardo

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

If YES there would be no need for a 32 and 64gb model.

This has been NO ever since the first ipod way back when. Apple has never had a mobile device where you can add your own storage.

* I'm not including laptops when I say mobile devices.

3. brayhite macrumors 6502a

You can get an AirStash. $99 for a wireless storage device that supports 32 GB flash drives and allows wireless access via iPad, iPhone, etc.

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Get Plex on your mac and plex on the iPad and stream the **** out of your media. No need for more storage.

5. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

You mean, I can pay to get my files storage on this website? It would be ok as well.
    Guys, I know Apple wouldn't allow to plug external hd..etc.. because they wouldnt sell the 32..64 gb if it was possible. I asked if there is any chinese adaptor which can do that.

If I lived in US I would buy the wifi because you guys have connection everywhere but Im from Brazil so I need the 3G. We have wifi connection as well but not that much. Thats why I want to know if is possible to expand the 16gb. I have only today to buy the Ipad and here in Brazil it will be released only in december.
    Should I buy the 16GB or wait to get the 64gb? If there is any "real"adaptor to allow me to expand the HD, I buy the 16 gb for sure.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Jailbroken iPads can read thumb drives via the camera connection kit which means that for $100 Apple charges you to go from 16 to 32 you can have a 128GB drive.. Search around in the hacks section. You will have to wait for the iPad2 jailbreak.

7. poloponies macrumors 68030

The AirStash is not a website. It's a pocket-size wireless drive that supports SD cards. So you pay $99 for the device and then add your own SD card storage which can be accessed wirelessly on your iPad.