Is it possible to find the exact date?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jsaymmeess, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Jsaymmeess macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I was wondering whether it was possible to find the exact date in which I first turn my MacBook on? In other words the day that the MacBook was turned on and my administrator account was created? Any help would be most greatly appreciated.

2. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

you can find the date it was bought from apple at this page:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Not sure how to get when it was 1st turn on

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

;)
    Planning an anniversary?
    You know… hot tub, bubbles, champagne, just the two of you? The beloved glowing softly in the darkened room…

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If you haven't reinstalled since buying the computer, you should be able to tell by getting info on your home folder and looking at the datestamp. In my case, it's somewhat telling that my most recent install was on March 2, 2009, at 4:07 AM...

It may not be particularly sophisticated, but it gets the job done.

5. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

i think he wants to check if his laptop was new and no one used it before him

6. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Or he is under the impression that is when his warranty starts. As far as I know, warranty starts when :apple: ships it...

7. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

If you're looking for the magic moment when you set up your new Mac, open a Terminal shell, and enter:

It should the the date/time stamp when you created your user account. If a user account was previously created, it will reflect that date. Unless OSX has been reinstalled, of course.

8. Jsaymmeess thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a dozen.

Thanks a lot guys, all very helpful, and I did manage to find the exact date. And lol I needed the exact date to get another receipt for tax purposes. The shop refused to look up on the computer unless they knew the exact date, although I'm like a regular customer. Again thanks.:)