Is it possible to format emails?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adversecamber, Aug 13, 2008.

1. adversecamber macrumors regular

I often get emails from companies with logos and pictures etc. formatted within the text.

However, in Mail, if I type a paragraph, add a photo, then type some more it shows up on the recipient's email as a body of text with an attachment.

Can I format and then send?

2. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

Have you tried to send e-mail as rich text? (Preferences->Composing->Message Format->Rich Text).

3. Cobol to Java macrumors newbie

Cobol to Java

Hmmmmm

Rich text emails can do that. Same as HTML newsletters.

You can use programs like Dreamweaver or Newsletter Publisher to create stationery or html messages or newsletters.

But images are often blocked or filtered by free web mail servers as well as local programs like Outlook.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I know it doesn't directly answer your question, but sometimes it can be better to send your email as a PDF so that you can almost guaranty it'll be viewed the way you wanted, no matter the email client. :)

5. adversecamber thread starter macrumors regular

Rich text is selected.

So maybe it's Gmail that's the problem? It just puts all the images (from an email done in RTF using Mail) at the bottom even though it displays emails from companies as a formatted email.