Is it possible to get a longer MacBook power adapter cable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZenErik, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ZenErik macrumors 6502

Sorry if this has been asked, but I just got a MacBook and would longer cable on the power adaptor. When I have the laptop plugged into the outlet on the dining room table (where it often will be), the cord is just hanging in the air, and I really don't like that. Another 3 or more feet would be wonderful. I just haven't been able to find anything online as of yet.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Are you already using the extension cable adapter?

A normal extension cord would work to you know...

3. ZenErik thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe I missed this extension cable when looking online? If it comes with the MacBook, I don't have it. I got this off Craigs List for $600 yesterday and didn't get anything except the laptop and power adapter.

At least I got Apple Care for 3 years, haha. Turns out the DVD drive was broken so I already had to take it in, and that's being replaced.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

This bugger replaces the two pin duck bill.

Who the heck would sell it with AppleCare that cheap.

Attached Files:

5. ZenErik thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it just a regular extension cord? If so, I probably already have one I can use. But I need to wait a week until a get my laptop back anyway. Thanks for your help.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

If you look on the left the extension cable just replaces the duckbill you already have.

7. ZenErik thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I think I'll have to buy an extension. I checked the extensions I have, but they're all for 3 prong.

8. TheStu macrumors 65816

OK... just so we are all on the same page. You are looking at the power adapter, it is square in shape. Out one side is the cable that goes to the Macbook, and then the other side is the 2 prong adapter, you remove the 2 prong adapter, and replace it with what was pictured. You can probably get one from the apple store.

9. ZenErik thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I got it. I removed the 2 prong adapter to see if I had any extensions that would fit, but the extension from my Compaq laptop has 3 prongs. Maybe you don't call them prongs, but I don't know how else to describe it. It looks like the AC adapter for my printer cable has the 2 prongs that I need, but obviously I need that for the printer. I'm 100% sure I know what I'm looking for now.

10. eman macrumors 6502a

[/QUOTE]At least I got Apple Care for 3 years, haha. Turns out the DVD drive was broken so I already had to take it in, and that's being replaced.[/QUOTE]
    $600 for a macbook with Applecare is cheap. If this has a superdrive, that's even a better deal.

11. ZenErik thread starter macrumors 6502

$600 for a macbook with Applecare is cheap. If this has a superdrive, that's even a better deal.[/QUOTE]
    It was pretty much the best deal I was going to get, so I had to get it. It's a 2.0 GHz; I don't think it has a superdrive because of that, but I can live with that. I have yet to burn a DVD. Although, you'd expect EVERY laptop in this day and age to just have that option.

I will check just to make sure when I receive the computer back from repair.