Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
like the title states. Can you get past the iCloud locked message on a phone? Found a few iPhone X very cheap that I wasn’t sure if it’s possible

xp84

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
like the title states. Can you get past the iCloud locked message on a phone? Found a few iPhone X very cheap that I wasn’t sure if it’s possible

Why would you want to? That pretty clearly means it's stolen property. You would be abetting a criminal who has chosen to make a living stealing someone's most personal (and expensive!) possessions. You'd also technically be breaking the law yourself. 2 people close to me have had these $700 plus devices stolen from them, one which was BRAND NEW. And let me tell you, it is a huge gut punch especially when you don't make a lot of money. Don't help these awful people by buying from them.

I'm aware all the sellers of these frequently give a ridiculous story like "oh, I received this from someone I know and they forgot to unlock it. But instead of calling them and having them unlock it I'm just going to take the big loss by selling it this way." They are obviously lying.

The fact that eBay and other marketplaces even allow these devices to be sold (openly!) is disgusting.

To answer you, they generally can't ever be activated or even used as a non-cellular device unless they are returned to their rightful owner and unlocked with the password. The reason there's a market is because people buy them to part out. There's a whole industry of people who enable this disgusting behavior by breaking them down and reselling them. They all have very bad karma.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
You can’t, that’s sort of the purpose.

I really hope life teaches you some day not to even consider that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.