Is it possible to gift specific apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pndrgnsvc, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Pndrgnsvc macrumors 6502

Pndrgnsvc

Is it possible to "gift" specific apps to a third party?

I know I could just send/mail a gift card, but I prefer something a bit more personal. That way, I could send the GRE Study Guide to my granddaughter, and not worry that she'll choose The Collegiate Drinking Guide as she would with a gift card.

It seems (to me) that it should be easily doable: "granddaughter@apple.com" receives an email (from Apple) stating that I have sent her a gift of [app name] and when download, that specific app will be billed to me.

Or, is this just wishful thinking?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's 100% possible and very easy. Go to the app store, then to the specific app you want to gift. Hit the share sheet button on the top right (looks like a piece of paper with an arrow coming out of the top). From there, select the "Gift" option from the bottom row of options. Enter the email address you would like to send it to (I'm guessing this is the email address associated with her Apple ID) and voila, you're all set.

3. Pndrgnsvc thread starter macrumors 6502

Pndrgnsvc

Bravo! That is just what I was hoping. Your time and expertise are greatly appreciated.

And all is again (thanks to you), right with the world.