Is it possible to have NO yellowing AT ALL??? *Pics inside*

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sukanas, Oct 27, 2008.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

concerning the whole yellowing issue:
    i was wondering what this whole forum means when they meants "ZOMG I HAVE YELLOW TINT"

is there a yellow tint no matter what angle you view it?
    is there a yellow tint from a certain angle?

for the yellow tint from a certain angle
    isnt inevitible for TN panels to have no yellow tint whatsoever?
    i mean, from whatever angle youre gonna view it from, isnt gonna have some kind of discoloration from any angle with the fact that its a TN panel?

Oh and i was wondering if the pictures we post are more accurate than our eyes
    cause if the shutter speed is fast, then the gray/white is a lot more easily distinguishable whereas if the shutter speed is slow, then the whole screen can 'seem' to be a glowing white

from the last picture, the one looking straight ahead,
    the camera makes it look uneven but with my eyes, it looks pretty good
    could it be from the lamp/light source thats on the top right of my computer?

Attached Files:

2. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

The yellow tint that you'll most likely read out here has to do with the previous couple gens of MBPs. Looking straight ahead at the display with a white background (like your last photo) the bottom 1/3 of the display would be yellow. Adjusting the angle of the display did not fix it. It was really only obvious with lighter backgrounds. The current gen MBP does not seem to suffer the same condition. I noticed on mine the it does yellow from extreme horizontal angles, but that is to be expected with a TN display. This isn't an issue for me.

3. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

yup TN panels don't have the best viewing angle.

Look at a 20" iMac from the side. Same thing...

4. sk47 macrumors member

yellow tint is inevitable in a TN panel period.

5. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

'Till you calibrate it, that'll fix a lot of it.

6. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Yellow tint from a side angle isn't a concern. It seems like all the LED backlighted display have this to a greater or lesser extent. Yellow tint when looking directly at it is something to be worried about. It's hard to tell from an camera picture (due to how the camera determines white balance) but your screen seems OK.

7. iViking macrumors 6502

I agree. My last MBP had a bottom third yellow issue, when looking at it straight on.

My new Glassbook has yellow tint on the sides when looking at it from the side, as they all do. This is normal.

8. Apple addict macrumors member

Side view=yellow tint

I have the MBP 2.4 (late 2008) with the LG panel. When viewed straight ahead there is no yellow tint. When viewed from the side there is a yellow tint, but I have to move pretty far off center to see this.

Gary