Is it possible to have two Facebook accounts on the same iPhone?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Sep 28, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I don't use the FB app nor FB Messenger to avoid being interrupted by those notifications all the time. Usually when I want to use FB, I just click the Safari icon, choose the FB icon and my iPhone automatically logs me in.

In case I want to have two accounts one for private and one for public use, what can I do?

There are two potential situations:

1. In parties when somebody I am unfamiliar with asks my FB, I tell that person my FB public account. When I want to make friend with another person, use my private FB account. I want to be able to switch between the two accounts instantly.

2. Joining public social group using my public FB account.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Nope, sorry.

I'd suggest using the Facebook app for one account and your Internet browser for the other.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

If I use two different browsers (Safari and Dolphin for example), will that work?

4. Tarek macrumors 6502

Yes, using two different browsers should work, like Safari and Chrome, for example. Just don't let whatever browser you choose import settings and info from Safari, or vice-versa.

5. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

I used to be admin for my company's FB Page so I needed two accounts on my iphone/iPad. For one I used the FB app and for the other I used a browser. It worked well for me.