Is it possible to install cydia and installer apps without a wi-fi/data connection?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vyder, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Vyder macrumors newbie

Hey

Im currently in India and was going to install yellowsn0w when it came out...but due to the requirement for 2.2 and upgrading the baseband and all that, I had to back up my phone and restore to 2.2, and re-jailbreak it. I was going to use apt-backup to reinstall all my cydia apps.

Now I find that AT&T's roaming data charges here are 2cents/KB...now downloading 6MB of an app isnt a viable option anymore...

So is there a way to download and install yellowsn0w and winterboard onto my iphone by USB connection to a PC?

Cheers
    Vyder

P.S. Its either this or use this phone ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_2310 ) and wait another week till I get back to pittsburgh and then restore my phone to its former jailbroken glory...but that defeats the purpose of wanting to unlock it so I can use it here in India...(my parents live here...so ill frequently be here for breaks and such...)...

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'd wait until you return to Pittsburgh, PA, due to the roaming data charges being quite expensive. I've been able to install Cydia and installer apps via 3G while on the road, but it sounds like that option may not be available...:(